• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In n Out Burger vs Five Guys

In n Out vs Five Guys

• In n Out

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Five Guys

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Would you In-n-out with her?

She is the owner/President of In-n-out....and a billionaire.

JustChris

Reaction score
Yes, I would In-N-Out with her.

And her company makes better burgers than 5 Guys. Don't like those burgers at all.

Just to throw a little heresy into the debate, neither one of them makes very good fries.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order of ranking:

Shake Shack is delicious. I agree with it being the platonic ideal of a fast food burger. It easily has the best tasting beef of the three and the bun is fantastic.

In-n-Out is perhaps the most overrated restaurant in existence. Yeah, it's good for a fast food joint, but to have a cult of worship around it? Please. That being said, I have enjoyed their burgers.

Five Guys can be good but it's also inconsistent and it has to be eaten there. The foil wrap steams the burger and turns it into a mushy, greasy mess if you take it to go. It tends to be a gut bomb for me also.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I'm the lone voice in the wilderness.

InO - what-*******-ever.
SS - have been once when there was no line. Have no idea what the fuss is about.
5G - have had consistently decent ff burgers there.

lefty

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In order of ranking:

Shake Shack is delicious. I agree with it being the platonic ideal of a fast food burger. It easily has the best tasting beef of the three and the bun is fantastic.

In-n-Out is perhaps the most overrated restaurant in existence. Yeah, it's good for a fast food joint, but to have a cult of worship around it? Please. That being said, I have enjoyed their burgers.

Five Guys can be good but it's also inconsistent and it has to be eaten there. The foil wrap steams the burger and turns it into a mushy, greasy mess if you take it to go. It tends to be a gut bomb for me also.

I think you answered your own question there.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In n Out wins and it's not even close. Both fries are almost always soggy and pathetic however.

I've had Shake Shack once in NYC and it was really good, probably comparable if not better than In N Out if I had more experiences eating there. But I'm not sure it's a fair comparison... there's what, 1000+ 5 Guys? 400+ In n Outs? compared to like 10 Shake Shacks.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How is this a question? 5 guys. No doubt.

Those of you voting in-n-out, be honest, have you actually ever had 5 guys?

THIS

Five Guys are some of the greatest burgers and fries I have ever had. They are amazing.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, Five Guys is merely decent, except for their fries, which are excellent. Shake Shack burgers blow Five Guys out of the water.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the one and only time I've had Five Guys, it was a mess. I ordered what I thought would be a good combo (something like sautéed onions, bacon, cheese, pickles, jalapeños, lettuce, tomatoes), but I had like a full serving of each item on top of the burger. Hard to eat, was WAY greasy with the 2 patties, and really spicy with the 3 individual peppers they seemed to put in there.

I am keen to try again, next time with a single patty and fewer add ons.

I might get a Shake Shack burger for tonight.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I load mine up. The messier the better.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Never had In-n-Out or Shake Shack, but I'd rather get a burger from Wendy's than Five Guys. They taste the same and Wendy's is cheaper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads