1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Important and Titillating Sartorial Observations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 5, 2018.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Wearing new 21 oz. flannel suit today. The drape and line are bonkers, and it all but eliminates the need for an overcoat (so, actually, it's economical?). But holy fuck it is heavy--I mean, physically heavy. I find myself actually getting tired after standing in it for more than a few minutes.

2. mafoofan

Blue shirts should be blue. Pale blue shirts are only suitable for people with pasty, uneven complexions. Even those people should buy actual blue shirts and aspire to better skin. Why give up on yourself?

3. mafoofan

The OneShoe was not a failure. It is an iterative endeavor, a concept in search of refinement.

The new OneShoe is bespoke and comes in different designs and colors.

4. mafoofan

The OneShirt, on the other hand, is a complete and total success. I just put in an order for a dozen blue chambray shirts from Charvet. I will burn one as a test.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

5. mafoofan

I ordered a 23 oz. navy camelhair blazer. Not sure if such a beast has ever existed, but it should.

6. mafoofan

Do people still buy Drake's pocket squares? The wool-mix ones with baroque hunting scenes and the like? I admit to having too many myself. They have been over-played.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

C-C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

8. mafoofan

Speaking of combo-breakers, I have decided I don't like silk squares anymore. I also don't like linen or cotton. Wool squares are abortions. So what the fuck do I do?

9. mafoofan

Have you ever had at least one slightly antagonistic exchange with your tailor? No? Then your suits suck shit.

10. mafoofan

Going to try a Kamakura OCBD.

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

12. mafoofan

Do you guys remember when everyone was wearing sweater vests under their suits and odd jackets? It was circa 2008-9 groupthink. Manton and Iammatt were still leading the charge. GDL was still just a snooty French dude with slightly-off, but not terrible tie/square combos. Ambrosi hadn't stolen away with all my pents. Ah, the good old days.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

13. dieworkwear

My important and titillating sartorial observation:

You don't technically have to wear underwear if you tuck in your shirt and the tail is long enough.

14. city74

city74 Senior Member

Isn’t this called speed posting?

15. dieworkwear

This one makes me so sad. Like the day i found out the Wii Fit under's Foo's white couch is just for show and he doesn't really use it.