• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you were to have one do everything go everywhere watch what would it be

Butterfly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
105513537_eaeeec6a24_o.jpg
^^ that's pretty nice

+1. It's subdued; the extra numbers don't jump out at you.

sii1981

Reaction score
g-shock frogman, riseman, mudman,,,,infact any master Gs
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

only joking, i think the submariner is a good all rounder, thats why its been copied so much.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Hamilton I got off B&S is my current every-day watch, I think for me it's pretty much perfect for this purpose:

ou0139.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IWC 3227-01 aka SS Ingeniuer
L1000653W.jpg

L1010817_2.jpg

L1010868W.jpg

L1010901-1.jpg

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Rolex pepsi GMT II stainless

Agree with this (almost). I've had a 16760 GMTII Coke for 20 years, it's been to hell and back and works in every situation. Still in fantastic condition, too.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOLA1
I think an Omega Aqua Terra would meet this criteria. It's a sporty watch on the bracelet and dresses up well on a gator/croc/leather strap.

Wait, I agree with this
tounge.gif
. I have one of these and it really does suit all occasions. Time will tell if it stands up as well as the GMT (my AT is only a year or so old).

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
IWC 3227-01 aka SS Ingeniuer
L1010901-1.jpg

Wait....
lol8[1].gif

I had one of these, sold it and now regret it deeply. Only concerns were that it does sit pretty high on the wrist (shirt sleeves were a problem for me), and the bloody thing would pick up dings/scuffs if I so much as looked at it. Fabulous watch, though.

Another option (if you can find one) would be the Zenith El Primero Class. I just picked one up (don't have pics of my own yet) but I find I'm wearing it a lot:

ClassElPrimero.jpg

Classelprimero2.jpg

Comes with white or black face, strap or bracelet, auto or handwind. Has a world-class movement, is very nice to look at (IMO), doesn't cost too much (I found mine NOS for less than £2k), has 100m water resistance and can be serviced without massive cost. Doesn't have any brand baggage (apart from some hideous recent Zeniths but let's gloss over them) and won't attract the thieves.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of depends on what you do for a living. Deep sea diver? Then maybe a sub.

If you travel, I think a JLC Master Geographic is a good choice. I have the more garish "compressor" model, but despite my insistence on wearing it with a suit I wouldn't call it an "elegant" watch. This model is dressier and more suited to a wide variety of dress situations, though the face is a bit busy.

3200.jpg

An IWC Inge is a good choice as well.

iwc-ingenieur-automatic.jpg

For selfish reasons I think the Ulysse 1 makes a nice all-rounder. Its relatively clean looking until you take a close look

L1000238.jpg

For less scratch, that Hamilton is a nice looking watch.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I have had this for more than 20 years and it serves that function pretty well.
tagheuer1000black.jpg
I have probably worn it every day for eight or nine months. I slipped it off at a black-tie event because I thought it looked odd, but that is the only time I can think it looked really bad. It isn't ideal for everything, but if you are lazy, as I often am, it works well enough.

Originally Posted by kolecho
This a direct copy of the Submariner.
Originally Posted by fcuknu
yeah, the submariner was the first to use that design...
This may very well be true. But why should I, or anyone else, care?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MarkXV02.jpg
Versatile enough to be worn with a suit, and not out of place casually either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads