• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you wear Creed, kindly get ITT

CaymanS

Reaction score

Tabarome if you want something deeply masculine. Incredible tobacco notes.

Imperial if you simply want the best. Originally created for the King of Saudi and made available to the public only after they begged and cried for it, it is truly the bottom ***** of colognes - try whatever else you want, but you will always come back to this one.

Warning: your girlfriend will steal this and wear this and it will smell ******* awesome on her, too...you've been forewarned :nodding:

Last edited:

applied

Reaction score
Nieman's will give you a very generous (free) sample of Tom Ford cologne. It can probably last you a couple of months.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nieman's will give you a very generous (free) sample of Tom Ford cologne. It can probably last you a couple of months.

I have been unable to get a sample from Nieman, but Sak's has always been generous. They don't always offer it, so you may have to ask. Just tell them you need to see how it smells on your skin, but that you are already wearing something else and don't want to mix.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will add to this, some Saks stores carry TF, you can sample from there as well.

Personally, i emailed the TF website, asking for samples. They arranged for me to talk with the TF boutique in NY. They were kind enough to send me samples of the entire private blend line, free of charge. Their generous help has won my loyalty ever since..

Big Texas

Reaction score

So that explains why samples always seem to turn up on eBay for, like, $50 a vial. Hopefully there aren't enough exploiters out there to ruin this.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That just means they are different ages.This stuff needs to be used within a year or two or it begins to become rancid.That $20 bottle of Creed at the "bargain" outlet is past its prime from laying on the shelf and is worth 0

Not the case my friend, if they are stored correctly they can last for many years with the exception of the top notes which can dissipate in the early years. As for the batch variations with Creed go look at basenotes.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try visiting basenotes.net and getting in on a split. You should have no trouble finding a Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather split.

Yeah I second that, keep an eye out for Kron / PalmBeach/ Herperd's splits. I don't think any Tuscan leather splits are running at the moment but just ask, there's usually demand for them.

Dapper Edition

Reaction score
Creed Silver Mountain Water has been my signature scent for 4 years now. Never wore something else since then!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a guy that has very rarely ever worn fragrance, I think it's about time to purchase something to use for the right occasions.  Creed seems to be the obvious choice, but I was curious to see if you had a favorite scent?

What nonsense is this? Why is it obvious or are you employed or otherwise financially benefited by people purchasing this substance?

brokencycle

Reaction score

Holy ****...cologne expires(?) Dammit. For some reason I thought it sorta lasted forever...?

I'm no connoisseur, but I have not noticed a huge drop off in potency and it certainly hasn't become rancid after a year or two of owning a bottle.

I dunno, I'm probably just a plebe though.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped at a "discount" fragrance store in the local mega outlet mall a couple of days ago and inquired about their stock of Himalaya. They had two 4 0z. bottles of the stuff that they were retailing for $189. As I was leaving the first time (no purchase at that time), they dropped the price to $150 to get me to buy it.

I called back today and asked if they'd go $125 (which, according to the basenotes forum is within the realm of possibility) and after the woman did some checking, agreed to sell it at that price.

At that point, I started googling "fake Creed" and was able to learn a few things to look for but this video was just what I needed to arm myself before making a 3 figure mistake.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

• The box had the larger "font" of the Creed embossed logo as opposed to the smaller, more intense stamping on the real box in the video.
  • Although the "four language" notes were properly folded, there were some glaring punctuation errors and some misspellings that MIGHT have been due to a UK version vs. U.S. usage but I doubt it.
  • Also, the Creed logo at the top of the page was larger than real one in the video.
  • The cap was plastic with a solid chrome finish instead of the "painted silver" that he describes
  • The Creed medallion in the center of the cap was several degrees off dead level.
  • The 4 oz. size is apparently the most faked due to the crooks' need to make the biggest splash for the buck.

With so many tells, even though it had a number stamped in the right place on the bottle, I just felt it was too much of a risk and passed. I didn't even get around to removing the pump cap to look for the white plastic washer. I'll order it online from a recommended legit site like Fragrancenet and pay $30ish more.

I'm not saying the store was crooked but the Creed they were selling was certainly dicey.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads