• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you wear Creed, kindly get ITT

GentryLtd

Reaction score
As a guy that has very rarely ever worn fragrance, I think it's about time to purchase something to use for the right occasions. Creed seems to be the obvious choice, but I was curious to see if you had a favorite scent?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In this order :

Orange Spice
Royal Scottish Lavender
Bois du Portugal
Tabarome
Virgin Island Water (summer only)
Original Santal
Aventus
Green Irish Tweed
Neroli Sauvage
Erolfa
Epicea

The others I dont have yet.

GentryLtd

Reaction score
In this order :
Orange Spice
Royal Scottish Lavender
Bois du Portugal
Tabarome
Virgin Island Water (summer only)
Original Santal
Aventus
Green Irish Tweed
Neroli Sauvage
Erolfa
Epicea
The others I dont have yet.

Original Santal and Aventus were the two that stood out to me, but before I even could know you would post Orange Spice as your #1, I knew I wanted something citrus-based. Unfortunately for me, I can get almost all of these except for Orange Spice and a couple others for the time being. Thanks for the input!

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green Irish Tweed is the reference Creed scent, and a real classic.

Some non-Creed greats:

Piper Nigrum

Phylosykos

Bulgari Black

Beyond Paradise Men

Bigrade Concentree

New York (Nicolai)

ezlau

Reaction score
I've used GIT (Green Irish Tweed), Aventus, Original Santal and Royal Oud before.

Preference:

Aventus
Original Santal
GIT
Royal Oud

Aventus might be your safest bet since it smells extremely fresh (pineapple & blackberry?) and not too empowering, Original Santal smells extremely woody, but might be a little "Indian" smelling, although the woody smells very comfortable. To me, Green Irish Tweed smells fresh, but might be a little too sharp of a scent for my liking. Royal Oud makes you smell like an Arabian Prince, if that's what you're going for.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a guy that has very rarely ever worn fragrance, I think it's about time to purchase something to use for the right occasions. Creed seems to be the obvious choice, but I was curious to see if you had a favorite scent?

Windsor - Aventus layered w/ Riverside Drive - GIT layered w/ Escenttic Molecule 1 - Original Cologne

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear GIT in spring and summer, Bois in fall and winter as my primary scents.

Renton

Reaction score
Silver mountain water for summer with millesime imperial on occasion. I used to wear GIT year round but when my last bottle ran out, I decided to try something new.

jt10000

Reaction score
Green Irish Tweed is the reference Creed scent, and a real classic.
Some non-Creed greats:
Piper Nigrum
Phylosykos
Bulgari Black
Beyond Paradise Men
Bigrade Concentree
New York (Nicolai)

Bulgari Black, Bulgari Green Tea, Bulgari Red Tea.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have GIT and really like it, but was never really blown away by it. It's pleasing and non-offensive, but not overly impressive.

SMW was a blind buy for me and it smells way too metallic and sweet for my tastes. Definitely try it before buying, it is much more feminine than I anticipated.

Aventus is kind of like GIT for me. It's a great fragrance, but not sure if I'm convinced it's worth that much more than more common (and cheaper) scents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads