• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had $100 to spend on cologne what would you buy?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
finally, Terre D'Hermes-Earthy, woodsy, orange-y and all around a great great scent, especially if you like a more masculine fragrance. Very high quality and available at a good price discounted.

Quote:
Terre D'Hermes - because it smells good.

In agreement with this, I picked it up recently in the duty free in napoli, came to 47 EUR for 100ml. A steal, I think...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford - Extreme. Smokey goodness for the winter season :slayer: If you can spare it, you can upgrade to Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille, good stuff...

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
Hermes. Never had so many compliments over an aftershave in my life. Its all I wear now.

HughJ

Reaction score

Tom Ford - Extreme. Smokey goodness for the winter season :slayer: If you can spare it, you can upgrade to Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille, good stuff...

I was able to obtain 50 or 60ml of Tobacco Vanille for $125 via a split sale at Basenotes (which is a better place to ask a question like this, with all due respect to style forum).

In keeping to the $100 budget and assuming the OP just wants to walk into a store and buy something, I'd suggest Diptyque's Tam Dao or Philosykos as scents to sample.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like:
ysl m7
dior homme bois d'argent (my fave)
thinking of trying some tf tuscan leather

Xenon

Reaction score

thinking of trying some tf tuscan leather

TF Tuscan Leather is an oustanding fragrance, my personal favourite. I also have TF Noir de Noir, Oud Wood, Amber Absolute, Japan Noir, Black Violet, Jasmine Red as well as Moss breches and they are all great qulaity scents that also work well together. None of these are citrusy though, for that I would be tempted by Montale's Aoud Lime or TF's Azure Lime. But Montale offer so much value when you purchase from the Paris store (they do phone mail order at $0 shipping-----yes that's right free shipping across the world).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads