• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas for prom 2010... I need to kill it!

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Seriously, are you looking to get a reaction or are you trying to look great?

If you want to dress up like Lloyd Christmas nothing can stop you except your own (good?) judgement.

xanatos

Reaction score
once you get out of high school. Prom wont mean ****.Save your money.
or go as lloyd christmas.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saxcolossusjr
i am not looking for a $1k prom outfit.

My bad. I misread. All you want is to find/rent a dinner jacket for like under $1k.

I also dont want to look like an out of work caterer.

Its prom, your 18. Its gonna look like that

I dont really care what you did for prom, I am asking for advice on where to find what I am looking for and how it will look.

I am thinking of a purple velvet dinner jacket (like Prorsum 08 or 09), and a shirt to match my date, pocket square, bow tie self-tied, etc.

Should I go with black balmorals or pumps?

Cumberbund not vest right?

facepalm.gif

What Im saying is your 18. NO one will give a **** what you wear and your gonna look back and laugh at the dumb crap you did. Believe me.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to do a velvet dinner jacket then get one with regular fastening buttons, like this: http://www.dynend.com/wardrobe.html Ich_Dien is absolutely right that a smoking jacket like the one in your picture will look terribly out of place, and quite pretentious on a 18 yr old.

saxcolossusjr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
My bad. I misread. All you want is to find/rent a dinner jacket for like under $1k.

Its prom, your 18. Its gonna look like that

I am thinking of a purple velvet dinner jacket (like Prorsum 08 or 09), and a shirt to match my date, pocket square, bow tie self-tied, etc.

Should I go with black balmorals or pumps?

Cumberbund not vest right?

facepalm.gif

What Im saying is your 18. NO one will give a **** what you wear and your gonna look back and laugh at the dumb crap you did. Believe me.

i didnt ask for fatherly advice. stop commenting on my thread. ill find better help elsewhere.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prom is relatively unimportant and girls your age don't really give a **** what you wear, as long as you're presentable to the parents. What idiot spends all his summer money on prom? If you plan to attend college in the fall, then the summer at the end of high school is when you want the money to travel and have congress with mother earth where you go!
lol8[1].gif

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didnt ask for fatherly advice. stop commenting on my thread. ill find better help elsewhere.

You can't ask for advice then only accept that which fits what you wanted to hear.

Take it all in man, he's more right than you know.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get that orange self tan stuff and a blow out hairstyle.
Everything else is secondary.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
pPOLO2-6816618_standard_v330.jpg

If you're a 38 reg you're set, they're on the website for $560 down from $1300.

Is that velvet? I think that would be a very good choice for a prom, the colours and lines are classic enough to not look stupid while the velvet is different enough to make it stand out a bit. Then again he'll probably stand out just by wearing anything that isn't 100% polyester
laugh.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Is that velvet? I think that would be a very good choice for a prom, the colours and lines are classic enough to not look stupid while the velvet is different enough to make it stand out a bit. Then again he'll probably stand out just by wearing anything that isn't 100% polyester
laugh.gif

Its far too nice for the prom, other then that its perfect. I feel this forum is being quite presumptuous about this prom, I went to public school and we didnt have very many clowns at the prom, though rarely any of the guys looked sharp. Maybe the OP doesnt attend public schools. I also think its far more important to pick the right date.

shasta

Reaction score
Nothing says class like a pair of shutter shades? If you're going all out, maybe pair them with a pair of Kanye's Red LV sneakers....

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Nothing says class like a pair of shutter shades? If you're going all out, maybe pair them with a pair of Kanye's Red LV sneakers....
right, because dressing like Kanye is going to get you some action....
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads