• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahahha. I actually prefer European finesse Players, but I think if I was to start a team I would pick Sid over AO if I had a choice between the two.

Where did you play Jr. B? Did you play in the empire league?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a tough one. I played college hockey (US junior B equivalent). Each would be fustrating to play against. Ovi might be possible to shut down if you can get a really good player to shadow him. But Crosby can beat you with his passing and scoring. Just saying.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
When it comes down to SC vs AO, its a tough debate, but I think someone who has played hockey and knows the sport 9 times out of 10 will pick Crosby.

Originally Posted by gomestar
A rather sweeping statement there, and I disagree as a former Jr. B player. It'll be more correct if you said something like "someone who lives in Northern Canada and thinks Don Cherry is god" - they very obviously will pick Crosby. Part of my opinion is based on "who do I want to play against the least", and for me it's no question AO.

Colin Campbell's big crackdown on AO's aggressive style, however, no doubt hampers his game.

+1. I'll give SC his due as a great player in this league, but I'd take AO any day. Maybe I'm the 1 in 10.

On a more important note, much better effort by the Wings tonite to close out the Coyotes. Played much better. Need that intensity and game going up against the Sharks next.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
hahahha. I actually prefer European finesse Players, but I think if I was to start a team I would pick Sid over AO if I had a choice between the two. Where did you play Jr. B? Did you play in the empire league?
odd thing is, I think AO play far more a Canadian style hockey than Crosby. And I did indeed play in the Empire League, a Western Conference team to be more specific.
Originally Posted by ryoneo
That's a tough one. I played college hockey (US junior B equivalent). Each would be fustrating to play against. Ovi might be possible to shut down if you can get a really good player to shadow him. But Crosby can beat you with his passing and scoring. Just saying.
yeah, you'd have to get a really good pair of D on AO to really stop him. Montreal started to with Gil, but then he just switched wing and made it that much harder on them. You need to defend Crosby, too, but then you also have to take care of Malkin - that other 100 points/season guy. edit: Crosby was brilliant during the opening round, absolutely no doubt about it. Totally a > over AO this post season. Still, Semin, Greene, Fleischman, wake the hell up!

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Backstrom Aint so bad either.

What year are you...Im gonna guess you played for Applecore?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Well Backstrom Aint so bad either.

What year are you...Im gonna guess you played for Applecore?

Backstrom has been very strong, I'm impressed with his play. Same with Knuble. The Caps could use a few more players like him (see how the Pens really benefited from Gonchar and Guerin).

B's were 7 or 8 years ago, I hung up the skates senior year in HS to focus on academics. And they killed my back, I'm tiny by comparison to most of those guys. Not Applecore.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Youre a little bit older than me, but we might have played against each other, or maybe even with each other? You weren't on Stanco's team were you?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
not with Stanco, I was on one of the upstate teams. It was only one season, that **** took up so much time and energy. And I'm tiny like a twig, most of the guys were pushing 175-190. I was, however, very fast.

I'm assuming you played D?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B really is a waste of time. I stopped playing in high school too. I knew I wasnt going anywhere and figured why waste my time. I havent played at all in 5 years (other than some open hockey). I played some AA and some AAA then I knew a couple of guys who played on the 'Cats so I played some games with them.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** **** ****, I hate detroit so much. Damn phoenix
frown.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
exactly, I wasn't trying to go pro or play D1 (or even D3) or any of that ****. I haven't played any organized hockey since high school, though my university did have "intermediate hockey" as a gym class. Best idea ever, 2 hours of open ice for fun pick up games right before dinner yet well after morning classes twice a week. The class surcharge was a mere $80, I got so much ice time out of that.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
exactly, I wasn't trying to go pro or play D1 (or even D3) or any of that ****. I haven't played any organized hockey since high school, though my university did have "intermediate hockey" as a gym class. Best idea ever, 2 hours of open ice for fun pick up games right before dinner yet well after morning classes twice a week. The class surcharge was a mere $80, I got so much ice time out of that.

My university has two hockey classes and I've taken both. Seriously a good time.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Caps have a dominating period, knock a big one off the post, get some great scrambles in front, play great D ... overall great. Then Mike Greene, nimrod, takes a massively ignorant penalty in the offensive zone in a 4 on 4 in the last minute of the period ... and Montreal takes advantage. Bench him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads