• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Ovi is going nuts. Crazy amount of shots and ice time from his line.

if they lose it, it won't be because of him. Halak played on his ass ... an utter and complete show. Caps dominated periods 2 and 3 but couldn't put more than one in. Semin and Greene and the rest ... where are you??? (Backstrom showed up, and he is actually much better in the corners than I remember).

My damn Sabres
plain.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
if they lose it, it won't be because of him. Halak played on his ass ... an utter and complete show. Caps dominated periods 2 and 3 but couldn't put more than one in. Semin and Greene and the rest ... where are you??? (Backstrom showed up, and he is actually much better in the corners than I remember).

My damn Sabres
plain.gif

Big shocker. Miller played very well, but the Sabers didnt have enough grit to compete.

And there goes to show that goal tending is crucial for playoffs. If the Caps lose, they have to rethink about their goalie situation.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will see if AO is a real superstar in game 7. I dont care how hard you try, you gotta get it done. I dont care how great Halak plays or how poorly varlomov plays... gotta win.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicagoooo!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Big shocker. Miller played very well, but the Sabers didnt have enough grit to compete.
frustrating.

Originally Posted by fcuknu
We will see if AO is a real superstar in game 7. I dont care how hard you try, you gotta get it done. I dont care how great Halak plays or how poorly varlomov plays... gotta win.
12 people on the ice at one time, AO is only 1 of them and he is only on the ice a fraction of the game. The other stars for the Caps need to step up.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats the difference between having talent and being a superstar, getting it done when its on the line. Crosby has done it...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Thats the difference between having talent and being a superstar, getting it done when its on the line. Crosby has done it...

and the playoff MVP trophy shows it. Oh, wait, that was Malkin. Crosby had what, a goal and an assist throughout 7 games in last year's finals??

Crosby, however, has been superb in these playoffs so far. And I really mean superb. But last year was Malkin.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Crosby also has a gold medal. And its not all about scoring goals or points...
and who was battling the 2 D in the corner with a brilliant pass to give Crosby the puck point blank in front with nobody but an out of position goalie?? Nobody cares, it's such a shame (it was Iginla). It was Crosby's game to lose, and besides his important goal, he was pretty average during the whole Olympics. 12 players, they all matter, but lets not forget who really led the Pens to the cup last year. It wasn't their captain, and despite being the NHL poster boy, the Conn Smythe went to the player who actually earned it.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosby also has a gold medal. And its not all about scoring goals or points...

Originally Posted by gomestar
and who was battling the 2 D in the corner with a brilliant pass to give Crosby the puck point blank in front with nobody but an out of position goalie?? Nobody cares, it's such a shame (it was Iginla). It was Crosby's game to lose, and besides his important goal, he was pretty average during the whole Olympics. 12 players, they all matter, but lets not forget who really led the Pens to the cup last year. It wasn't their captain, and despite being the NHL poster boy, the Conn Smythe went to the player who actually earned it.

The never ending Crosby debate. You both have valid points. Hockey is a team game, but also the superstars have to be clutch. Crosby is a semi-product of the NHL advertising machine. His skills are definitely at the superstar level, he has averaged over 100 points since he stepped foot in the league. But because he is the poster-boy of the NHL, we expect him to be like a god on the ice. He can only do so much, and he is getting better every season. I believe that he led the league in faceoffs won this year. He is only getting better, but is not a one-dimensional goal scoring machine.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The never ending Crosby debate. You both have valid points. Hockey is a team game, but also the superstars have to be clutch. Crosby is a semi-product of the NHL advertising machine. His skills are definitely at the superstar level, he has averaged over 100 points since he stepped foot in the league. But because he is the poster-boy of the NHL, we expect him to be like a god on the ice. He can only do so much, and he is getting better every season. I believe that he led the league in faceoffs won this year. He is only getting better, but is not a one-dimensional goal scoring machine.

He gets every call...a lot of players would have 100 pts if they got calls like he did...if you go near him, its a penalty. Boy is a *****, and has a lot to do to prove otherwise after the series with the Rangers when he spent more time diving than anything else...unless he's just not as strong on his skates as everyone says...
confused.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
He gets every call...a lot of players would have 100 pts if they got calls like he did...if you go near him, its a penalty. Boy is a *****, and has a lot to do to prove otherwise after the series with the Rangers when he spent more time diving than anything else...unless he's just not as strong on his skates as everyone says...
confused.gif

Fair enough, but I think that most superstars are favored to get calls and vice versa. Players like Avery are prone to be called. So it goes both ways in my book. But I'm still a fan of Crosby's talent.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes down to SC vs AO, its a tough debate, but I think someone who has played hockey and knows the sport 9 times out of 10 will pick Crosby.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
When it comes down to SC vs AO, its a tough debate, but I think someone who has played hockey and knows the sport 9 times out of 10 will pick Crosby.
A rather sweeping statement there, and I disagree as a former Jr. B player. It'll be more correct if you said something like "someone who lives in Northern Canada and thinks Don Cherry is god" - they very obviously will pick Crosby. Part of my opinion is based on "who do I want to play against the least", and for me it's no question AO. Colin Campbell's big crackdown on AO's aggressive style, however, no doubt hampers his game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads