• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need sneakers

bsyde82

Reaction score
i notice i never see anybody promoting asics onitsuksa? which makes me wonder if im the only one who likes em as much as I do

i just think it has the ideal shape/size that fits w/ slimmer raw denim (16" leg opening-ish)..i find vans (at least the marc jacobs slip ons) a lil too clunky for my tastes, but thats just me

the asics comes in so many different colorways and velcro or lace (i'm talking about the mexico models)...i have a plain cream colored one for when i wanna be simple...a white w/ orange stripes one for when i want more pop...and a black one, just to have a black one

on top of all that, its generally very comfy

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I kind of sort of like Chucks, but $35 for a pair is just more than they're worth, and the complete lack of any support bothers me. I'm not sure how to size them with insoles, either (should you still go a half size down if you're going to use insoles? should the insoles be sized to your normal size? what kind should you even buy, and how much are they?).
Ideally, you'd find a store that both had Chucks, and a few types of insoles that are sold by the size rather than trimmable. Like for dress shoes, Nordstroms is happy to let you play around with combinations of insoles, widths, etc. It might also work to buy a pair of half-length insoles and take them into a Chucks store, because you won't have to worry about whether they'll fit in the shoe... Personally I wish the Blackspot chukkas didn't have all the distressing and pieces of flare, they had the potential to be an interesting alternative to Chucks:
shoeinfov2_detail.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

arenaissanceman

Reaction score
How about a pair of New Balance Classics? You already like NB, they fit insoles, and they come in your size. Plus, they come in about 600 different color combinations. Check the Zappos link and see if one fits your style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads