• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just spent $500 on a RLBL windowpane sports coat from Bloomingdales

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me - nice pattern and I like the peaked lapels! I think the sleeve length is also a matter of preference - they don't look very long based on the one pic where your arm is down. . .

Jaggs

Reaction score
Peaked lapels and all...very jealous!

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
noice!

Originally Posted by NORE
Too bad it wasn't a suit.

It would make a fabulous suit.

RLBL is fully canvassed and has nice construction and fabrics. It looks great on slim guys with a V-shaped torso. Good buy.

Amelorn

Reaction score
I was looking at the PRL/BL stuff at Bloomingdales myself some days prior, and they did offer some great prices. Objectively, I like the fit and overall length of the jacket. The sleeves fit very well at their current length, so the 1/8 to 1/4" is optional (in my opinion). Subjectively, I love the color and pattern. It's timeless, really. Some BL sport coats are on sale for $800+. At $500, you got a good deal. Waiting for further discounting at that point would entail ugly colors or large (46+) sizes.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impossible to tell how the back fits with your arm holding the camera up like that, but it looks really good from the front. I would definitely take a little bit off the sleeves, but sleeves will always need to be altered, they will never be perfect OTR.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks great and a good price. Enjoy!

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Looks great. BTW, that is not a windowpane, but a glen plaid pattern, and a very nice one at that.

+1

GHo

Reaction score
what color slacks do you wear with that? black? What else?

heffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Amelorn
I was looking at the PRL/BL stuff at Bloomingdales myself some days prior, and they did offer some great prices. Objectively, I like the fit and overall length of the jacket. The sleeves fit very well at their current length, so the 1/8 to 1/4" is optional (in my opinion). Subjectively, I love the color and pattern. It's timeless, really. Some BL sport coats are on sale for $800+. At $500, you got a good deal. Waiting for further discounting at that point would entail ugly colors or large (46+) sizes.

thanks. I really like the pattern and the color too, and it's my first peak lapel sports coat. Everything else I have is notched lapel. I'm definitely trying to push the envelope in terms of what I'm used to wearing. Thanks for the feedback.

heffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
It would make a fabulous suit. RLBL is fully canvassed and has nice construction and fabrics. It looks great on slim guys with a V-shaped torso. Good buy.
To be perfectly honest, I felt it was a little snug on me. I've gained like 5 pounds since joining my new company (catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Still, this is my first "nice" purchase for quite a bit of money, so I'm motivated to wear it often (and lose an inch or so from my waist). Everything else I've purchased suiting-wise has been from Banana Republic, Mens Wearhouse, or Goodwill.

heffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Impossible to tell how the back fits with your arm holding the camera up like that, but it looks really good from the front. I would definitely take a little bit off the sleeves, but sleeves will always need to be altered, they will never be perfect OTR.

The guy selling the suit said the back (especially the shoulders) fit me perfectly since there was no bunching when wearing it. The picture I took looks like it fits me pretty well too.

heffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GHo
what color slacks do you wear with that? black? What else?

well it's gray, so it goes well with anything. I wear jeans a lot, but I could wear it with some brown pants I have just as well.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Hopefully it swoons the ladies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads