I just spent $500 on a RLBL windowpane sports coat from Bloomingdales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heffy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. heffy

heffy Well-Known Member

did I get ripped off? I don't think I did since it was reduced from $1200 to 975, then 50% off sale with tax brought it to $517. It fits perfectly off the rack, so no tailoring is required

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

Why do you feel ripped off? If it fits perfectly and you're happy with it, that should be the end of the story.

3. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

Were you ripped off:

In terms of dollar value and sticker price, it seems like it's been heavily discounted and you don't need any tailoring, so no.

In terms of personal value, depends on how much you're going to wear it.

4. btinl

btinl Senior member

5. heffy

heffy Well-Known Member

Were you ripped off:

In terms of dollar value and sticker price, it seems like it's been heavily discounted and you don't need any tailoring, so no.

In terms of personal value, depends on how much you're going to wear it.

I was thinking more on your first statement. And the MSRP was actually $1900, now that I looked at the tag. Pictures coming soon.

6. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

No

7. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

Some folks will think you could have paid less if you scoured eBay or the B&S section but I think that's a good deal considering you got it from a bricks and mortar retailor. If I happened upon a great BL sportcoat for that price I'd have jumped on it.

8. furo

furo Senior member

I would have waited for $250, but that's just me *shrug*

9. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

did I get ripped off? I don't think I did since it was reduced from $1200 to 975, then 50% off sale with tax brought it to $517. It fits perfectly off the rack, so no tailoring is required

Why would you even ask that? you already bought it so you must have thought it was a decent price so why would you care what anyone you don't even know thinks?

10. heffy

heffy Well-Known Member

Why would you even ask that? you already bought it so you must have thought it was a decent price so why would you care what anyone you don't even know thinks?

perhaps because I don't have much experience purchasing high-priced items from retail stores. While it'd be nice to have a shop online that is an online leader (like Newegg for computer parts) where I can compare prices, there is not. I wanted to know if $500 is a decent price for what I purchased, from the experiences of people who have purchased similar items at similar prices.

i.e. did I just pay $500 for something where most people get it for $200.

11. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's a decent price for retail

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If you did not have the internet to ask this question, would you feel confident you walked out of the store with a bargain? I think so. I would have. Dont second guess it. Buy for you.

13. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

perhaps because I don't have much experience purchasing high-priced items from retail stores. While it'd be nice to have a shop online that is an online leader (like Newegg for computer parts) where I can compare prices, there is not. I wanted to know if $500 is a decent price for what I purchased, from the experiences of people who have purchased similar items at similar prices.

i.e. did I just pay $500 for something where most people get it for $200.

But if you like it and are happy with the purchase then why worry. Just enjoy the items you bought.

14. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I'm waiting on my local RL store to bring in a certain sport coat in my size that will end up being close to $700 for an RLBL sport coat... now I'm wondering if Bloomingdale's would have it at a better price [​IMG] .

15. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Your own exact words. [​IMG]

I HIGHLY doubt the veracity of the statement.

Therefore, you WERE ripped off. [​IMG]