• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate 5EP and R&B

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because they give us tall blokes the shaft; I've heard rumblings here and there (and seen the odd report on this board) that one or the other, or both, are adding longer inseams in their fall lines, but damned if I've found them. Am I looking in the wrong places? Do I have to hold out until early next year? Is there hope? Edit: I should point out that I do realize you can get R&B in 34 with a 34 waist, but this would fit me like Chronic-era gangsta wear. Unless...just how slim is the "Slim Jean" that Steven Alan has on their site?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag & Bone is available in 32/34 now at active endeavors, for pretty much every cut. 5EP i've never seen beyond a 32 inch inseam, but I think someone here was selling a 32x34 before. That said, the 5EP inseam is pretty long for a 32.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Rag & Bone is available in 32/34 now at active endeavors, for pretty much every cut. 5EP i've never seen beyond a 32 inch inseam, but I think someone here was selling a 32x34 before. That said, the 5EP inseam is pretty long for a 32.

Some guy was selling 30x34 and 30x34 on here before.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
It does get annoying with the R&B sizing. It's prolly a good thing for me cause I would just be spending more money.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, that's why I hang out here - I often enjoy looking like a complete idiot to random, anonymous dudes. Good to hear re: R&B; are these in fact part of a new seasonal line? I could've sworn I checked there not too long ago and found nothing but jeans with waist sizes only, and that damn "Inseam - 32"" in the descrip. Or did I just give up that easily?

heyej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G

I actually own a pair of 5EP Straight's tagged 32/34 .. Bought them last sale season from oaknyc.

wq1999

Reaction score
I agree that 5EP shorter inseam is annoying for taller dudes. (I'm 6'0, 145 lbs.) But I've been through two pairs of size 30/32 in the boot cut, and the length is perfect. I've measured both after wash, and it's closer to a 33" inseam rather than the tagged 32. Fits me perfectly, but if i want a more of a break, or, god forbid, "stacking," i'll wear my APCs, Nudies, Diors, etc.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hadn't actually seen the new R&Bs at AE, so thanks again to P2G2; I will concede that I am an idiot, but I could swear these are all newer fall jeans - notice that the last two pairs listed, which I think are last season's or something, only come in 33 and 32 inseams, respectively. And wouldn't you know it, they're out of 32x34s in the RB15, which is what I'm really after (the rest are all cut too big for my tastes) - any other leads?

Also, it's confusing - they list 34 inseams for the RB15 and the RB6 in the drop down 'Select Size' menu, but still say "32" inseam" in the product descripts. I'm sure this is a typo, but wtf?

And as far as 5EP is concerned, I've tried them, and they're way too short. I understand some guys may be tired of hemming their jeans, but dammit, I want my 5EP.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they actually had those 32 and 33 inseam listed in the details since they first got their models. The one random day I think they started listing actual inseams in the selections. Kinda weird :p The inseams were probably just left there, for some reason

Anyway, if they no longer have your size, I'd suggest contacting south willard in Los Angeles. They'll do mail order and are extremely helpful. http://www.southwillard.com/

Hollywood Trading Company also stocks Rag & Bone and will ship, you can contact glamroots here on styleforum, or call them. http://www.shophtc.com/

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Agreed, contact Scott at HTC. I was there, him and Amby are extremely nice and helpful with everything. They had a lot of cool **** in I tried on including a whyred and rag bone blazer. The brown cloak one with side pockets was pretty off the hook but didn't fit my body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads