• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Don't Get In-N-Out

951socal

Reaction score
in a 10 mile radius there are 3 in-n-outs
and 1 five guys

never really go to them, buy 5 guys burgers are better for about the same price

fuddruckers is pretty good too, but thats up in orange county

honestly though, this is not good food. nobody is saying it is, its just an alternative to the carl's jr, burgerking, jack in the box stuff thats around the same price

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not to derail the thread, but has anyone tried 'The Counter' ?

You can find its menu online.

J/W how some of you would customize your burger/salad burger..

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not to derail the thread, but has anyone tried 'The Counter' ?

You can find its menu online.

J/W how some of you would customize your burger/salad burger..

There's one near my office that I've been to once. The options are fun and the burger was ok. Mine was pretty overcooked - everything was. I ordered the fried egg on top, and specified that I wanted the yolk to run, but it was fully cooked all the way through.

Probably won't go back.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks guys, been meaning to check my local one out due to a suggestion from family.

out of curiosity, i wonder what impolyt will put on his burger from 'the counter'

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Perhaps I'm of sufficient age that the fast burger experience was beyond my 'formative' years. They were a relative novelty when I was young.

In n Out started in 1948....

*does the math*

:fu:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In n Out started in 1948....
You think I was born yesterday, sonny-boy? The 1950s was the decade of my childhood.

You may have done the math, but apparently I read more of the Wikipedia entry. In-N-Out did not really expand outside Southern California until 1992. Although it -- and many other fast food restaurants -- may have started in the late 40s, the 50s, and the 60s (heck White Castle started in 1916) they didn't proliferate immediately. Fast food certainly didn't have the hold it has today.

Even among the 'big boys' ... McDonalds began its expansion in 1955 but had only 100 locations in 1960. A quick google shows that McDonalds now has over 12,000 locations in the United States alone. Burger King had only a few South Florida locations at the beginning of 1960 when it began to expand. By 1967 it had expanded to only 250 locations; they have over 7000 locations in the United States today.

I can remember the first McDonalds (staffed only by older women the age of a grandmother), Burger Chef, and Burger King opening in my home town ... and I don't think I'm that much older than Rube. Yes, one could find fast food in the 1950s and the early 1960s ... but one had to look for it. This was still the heyday of the drive-in with curb service. In order to find fast food, one might have to drive across town -- or even to another town -- to experience it ... and people often did. And sometimes once was enough to develop the attitude of 'been there, done that' ... although that saying hadn't yet come about.

And yes, our neighbors next door were Fred and Wilma. I used to play fetch with Dino. He could throw pretty well. :)

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
haha. I actually never really grew up with any American-style fast food either, til I was a teenager and moved to the US - in Australia 'fast food' would've been fish n chips or a homemade burger n chips from a small corner shop on the seaside, glass bottle of Coke, quite pleasurable eating experience. Nothing like the American experience of finding little shriveled grey french fries in the seat rails of your car.

As far as I can recall, there was KFC and McDonald's and then a number of local cheap roast chicken chains (quite like in France- fast food roast chicken and chips, a vegetable side, cokes - no fried chicken), and to get that stuff you'd have to go towards the city center and find a shopping center with a small food court - but those would also be forgotten about because they had amazing falafels and Asian fried noodles, dosa combos, etc, nobody would get a McDonald's burger back then. I can count on my hands the number of times I ate McDonald's as a kid, and only because they had a McDonald's day once a year at school where they'd bring a mobile McDiddlies to school and give every kid a hamburger for being good and getting through the school term.

I'm not yet 30 either, so this was not terribly long ago... (I guess)....

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thanks guys, been meaning to check my local one out due to a suggestion from family.

out of curiosity, i wonder what impolyt will put on his burger from 'the counter'

I wouldn't get anything weird, at all. I don't like non-classical burgers. That menu though, is a complete shitshow. Nobody in the food business should be offering that many menu choices for something like a burger. I went to some ****** chopped salad chain place when I was in America and their menu looked like that, it took a whole wall. Took 10 minutes to decide what to get, and inevitably I felt like I ordered the wrong thing in the end anyway. Felt like I was ordering the wrong thing at every restaurant I went to in America, just way too many choices and my brain shut down after looking at the menu for 5 minutes, and whatever I got was always meidocre to terrible.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ahahaha thank you ^

i thought about that too when i saw the menu. reading your posts its makes a lot of sense with your response.

but yeah, totally agree with the classical burger. only place around me that is probably in-n-out...five guys is a bit sloppy too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads