• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made to order trousers (leg opening 27cm). I love the old-fashioned look.

Screenshot (1496).png

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that actually "old fashioned" (as in straight) or flared? I'm under the impression they do flared if it's 27cm wide rather than go all out like truly old school PROFF...

I also guess they could be flared, but my appreciation is for the "visible" look. My preference is for wide but not flared trousers.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also guess they could be flared, but my appreciation is for the "visible" look. My preference is for wide but not flared trousers.

Have you tried 27cm wide straight though (from a perspective of size 30 waist that is)? I think some workwear kind work but if you stay in flat front 27cm in CM sense might look too wide

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried 27cm wide straight though (from a perspective of size 30 waist that is)? I think some workwear kind work but if you stay in flat front 27cm in CM sense might look too wide

Possibly we're misunderstanding each other: I'm not denying or doubting what you say, I just said I like as those trousers look in the picture and that they also look old-fashioned, even without pleats. At 27cm leg opening they probably will be too wide (and flared), as you stated. Never tried such wide trousers so far.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my personal experience at a 30 waist is that I can go up to 9.75"/~25 cm in CM and 'normal' people don't seem to really notice. At 27 cm it is much more obvious that I am wearing wide trousers

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my personal experience at a 30 waist is that I can go up to 9.75"/~25 cm in CM and 'normal' people don't seem to really notice. At 27 cm it is much more obvious that I am wearing wide trousers

25cm is also my preference so far. 2 more centimetres will obviously have a not negligible impact.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
off topic but if you want more old school straight pants (not going to be ridiculous wide but definitely wide by today's standard)

forward pleat: Ralph Lauren Dalton (can do better on px just as an example), don't know the leg opening but I think 9.25 to 9.5 in on waist 30?

flat front: Ralph Lauren Preston (again as example can do better on px), look for the made by Corneliani ones, these would be 8.5in leg opening on waist 30

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
This used to be RTW 😭😭😭
Seems like they halved their classics collection, which is annoying personally as I've sold off some stuff that didn't fit right in hopes of re-ordering the proper sizes when they were restocked. They did tease the navy & gold button 6x2 db blazer for fall '24 so maybe they will start adding the pieces to seasonal RTW collections over time.

Kind of related: they also haven't been able to figure out a way to sync up their online and in-store stocks - just had to have an order refunded because the pieces I purchased were in reality sold out and they just didn't manually update the online stock. I suspect this is why many new items are added to the online store already sold out.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@clee1982, you are the absolute master of eBay, Buyee, and every other clothing marketplace in the world.

P.S. I bought one of the cream Daltons. 🙏🏽

off topic but if you want more old school straight pants (not going to be ridiculous wide but definitely wide by today's standard)

forward pleat: Ralph Lauren Dalton (can do better on px just as an example), don't know the leg opening but I think 9.25 to 9.5 in on waist 30?

flat front: Ralph Lauren Preston (again as example can do better on px), look for the made by Corneliani ones, these would be 8.5in leg opening on waist 30

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few folks making this style of pants. A few that I know off the top off my head.

Evan Kinori
Man-tle, P4
Maryam Nasser Zadeh, Abdou Trousers
Margaret Howell
Lemaire - Any of the twisted styles

The Buzz Ricksons, 1942 Chinos are similar. For a 30 waist, the leg opening is 9.25 inches. I just picked up a pre-owned pair on Rakuma via Buyee.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Edward Sexton RTW's "parallel" trouser as well (they have way too many model in their RTW in my opinion...), but to lessor degree

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@clee1982, you are the absolute master of eBay, Buyee, and every other clothing marketplace in the world.

P.S. I bought one of the cream Daltons. 🙏🏽

if you want wider one, check out the like pre 2010 ish RLPL (or just search check measurements)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads