• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss Orange Label Shoes

CoryB

Reaction score
How are the quality of Hugo Boss's Orange Label. Can anyone give me the heirarchy of the labels. I saw cool orange reddish chukka boots for $150CAD down from $450. The fit was a touch big so I didn't buy even though they looked great. Would those have been a good deal (with insole I suspect the fit would have been great, but it was final sale)?

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$150 is more what HB Orange Label footwear is worth. They are glued rather than welted together, or at best Blake constrution. Rarely have I seen anything even remotely elegant from HB.

I have managed to get proper Goodyear welted shoes from AE at similar prices. If it were me I would have happily taken the HB boots - if they paid me $150 to take them off their hands.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nope to Hugo Boss shoes. I've had three pairs from a long time back and the quality is pretty poor.

Reaction score
A few years back I owned a pair of Orange Label burgundy shoes that were a cross between sneakers and walking shoes. They looked really cool, and they were a good price. Big mistake. The shoes, I soon discovered, were poorly made and incredibly uncomfortable. I remember one rainy night tying them and the lace broke, and I painfully hobbled home swearing I would never buy designer shoes again. In short: don't do it.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Although I am into C&J now, I have purchased HB shoes in the past. While I have never bought the Orange label before, I have purchase a few Black label at steep discounts. I must admit that for shoes to wear with jeans they are not bad. Also, I never had a problem with comfort over the time period that I owned them. While I agree that they are not as good quality as many brands mentioned here, with proper care, they can last 3-4 years. I do not agree with the elegant remark by Sator, due to the fact that the lasts of HB shoes cover the whole spectrum of styles. They run from very sleek to bizarre to old school. I have never seen a HB that is goodyear welted (with the exception of Baldessarini) and all the leathers I have seen are corrected grain. I guess what I am getting at is that they are not horrible shoes, but there are better shoes out there for the money. If you can stomach their clunky lasts, take a look at AE's.

HB Orange/Green Label
HB Black Label
HB Selection
Baldessarini (pretty sure this label is discontinued)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baldessarini were made by C&J - great shoes. The new HB Selection line shoes I have seen are very nice if you can get them for < $200. Not welted or C&J quality but still nice for the money. All the rest are not worth mentioning.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from my friend at hugo boss canada:

all leather soled hugo boss shoes are blake stitched
all rubber soled hugo boss shoes are cemeted

heirarchy of labels:
boss hugo boss selection
boss hugo boss black label
boss hugo boss handcrafted orange label
boss hugo boss orange label (mainly casual and sport wear)
boss hugo boss green label (mainly golf and sport wear)
hugo hugo boss red label

while owned by hugo boss, baldessarini shoes were made over the years by everyone from vass to ludwig reiter to c&j and were all goodyear welted

(baldessarini was spun off as a totally separate autonomous entity and then sold off completely to werner baldessarini who apparently turned around sold it to a german clothing manufacturer "ahlers" - so it still exists but now has nothing to do with hugo boss)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads