1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com offline

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doughboysc, Oct 5, 2004.

1. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior Member

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

HEAR HEAR. [​IMG] ps - Go Tigers.

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

4. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

Andy is a good guy but his refusal to go with a better provider lost me as a frequent visitor. It's a sad thing that the 2nd best known clothing discussion site is in the state it's in.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Is he the second best known? [​IMG]

6. christian

christian Senior Member

Its not surprising. There's no way his site could handle all the new visitors due to all the recent publicity from the nyt article. I'm surprised he even went through with it if he knew his site was going to crash.

7. MikeF

MikeF Senior Member

Again: do we need to have a new post about this every time it happens?

8. Kai

Kai Distinguished Member

The only time I can access Ask Andy is late at night. Been like that for a while. I've been frequenting Ask Andy less and less as a result.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

(bigbadbuff @ 05 Oct. 2004, 5:47) It's a sad thing that the 2nd best known clothing discussion site is in the state it's in.
    Is he the second best known? [​IMG]
    Duh, GQ.com is the top clothing discussion site.

10. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior Member

We've begged. We've cajoled. We've praised Andy to the skies. Goodness knows, we've even offered to share the cost.

Is it time to bring in Tanya Harding?

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Go Gamecocks. [​IMG]

12. TomW

TomW Senior Member

I don't even bother with AAAC anymore - most threads are cross posted here anyway. Andy has had many an opportunity to improve his site - generous offers for technical as well as financial support - and he has refused them all for reasons known only to him. If he doesn't change something soon, his site will just be another internet memory.

A shame really...

13. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

It is a shame. I've always thought AAAC the best site for learned information, but you're right that it's in an utterly pathetic state of constant disrepair.

Has he actually refused offers of aid, or has he ignored.

I bought his bloody encyclo. as a show of support and I know that others have as well. One would figure that it wouldn't be difficult to keep the thing in rights.

14. arvi

arvi Senior Member

i heard about this site and andy's in the ny times article..it's very frustrating that andy's site is so slow that i no longer even try ..if you're monitoring this site andy, please fix it..

15. TomW

TomW Senior Member

(TomW @ 05 Oct. 2004, 10:32) I don't even bother with AAAC anymore - most threads are cross posted here anyway. Andy has had many an opportunity to improve his site - generous offers for technical as well as financial support - and he has refused them all for reasons known only to him. If he doesn't change something soon, his site will just be another internet memory. A shame really...
    It is a shame. I've always thought AAAC the best site for learned information, but you're right that it's in an utterly pathetic state of constant disrepair. Has he actually refused offers of aid, or has he ignored. I bought his bloody encyclo. as a show of support and I know that others have as well. One would figure that it wouldn't be difficult to keep the thing in rights.
    Andy has openly refused support from many of his readers. He prefers to believe XO (his hosting partner) is doing the best job possible in spite of compelling evidence to the contrary. I too bought his Clothes Encyclopedia to show support for him - I would have preferred to just give direct financial support as I don't even use the CD as I find a real book much easier to use. I spend way too much time in front of a computer monitor as it is.