• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How to dress well in Buenos Aires?

Sazerac

Reaction score
I'm visiting my mother in Buenos Aires at the beginning of December (she just moved there for work.) I've traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia, but have never been to BA. My question is, what do I wear?

Obviously, it will be summer there, but do off-white linen or khaki cotton suits translate well? Do men generally wear summer-weight sport coats at dinner? Also, what about colors like pink or lavender on men? Accepted or not? (In Russia, men don't wear pink. Period. Learned that one the hard way.)

Advice from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say very conservative, darker colors, not pastels. I've never seen anything like seersucker, or for that matter linen. enjoy, its a great city

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say a sombrero and an american flag speedo.

cl smooth

Reaction score
rick owens and julius will get you mad props

Sazerac

Reaction score
Dark colors, even in summer? What about patterns?

As for the sombrero and speedo, those things are given. I wore them to Japan last year. In Japan, ladies love a man in a sombrero. True fact.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.