• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How they do it in sweden

Arizona's Finest

Reaction score
Hej.

I have been in Sweden for quite a while and I have to admit that clothes are somewhat impressive here when compared to United States. I have bought some jeans around here and I still can't dress the way swedish men does. The guys around here dress their jeans which reveals the diameter of their thighs, yes it is somewhat tight and revealing. I have bought mine at proper size and still can't look the same. My jeans are still tad loose and I need to shrink them slightly to fasten toward my thighs. Any suggestions?

Tack så mycket.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of jeans that seem to be what you're looking for. First is Paper Denim Cloth, Slim Tate 5 jeans. The next is a pair from Energie, though i can't tell which style they are. You should try and look for bootcut jeans, as they are tight around your thighs and loose around the ankles giving that swedish look you seem to be going for.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Seven Bootcut jeans. I have sort of big thighs from too but running, and had to get about sizes higher than usual (a 34 instead of a 32 or 33) to get the thighs to be fitted and not skin tight.

davei

Reaction score
Earl jeans (I think it's the "Big E" cut; not the "Triple E" cut though) are a good choice as well, they're bootcut, slim (but not tight) in the thigh. I'm a 32W with 20" thighs and they fit me perfectly. If you're going after the totally superslim look (and we haven't read you correctly
smile.gif
I'd stay away from North American denim, most these days are bootcut or relaxed fit. Most designer denim (Helmut Lang, YSL, Dior, etc.) is superslim and fitted (think peg legged) but also insanely expensive. In a more accessible price range, I've found Marc O'Polo and Matinique jeans to be slim.

Valmont

Reaction score
Tjena så du har lärt dig svenska också =)

I don't know what kind of jeans you have bought but you might want to look into Lindeberg,Acne or Tiger jeans in sweden you find these in most decent boutiques and they are really popular among Swedish teens. NK would be good choice for shopping or try maybe biblioteksgatan in Stockholm if that's where you are.

Lycka till. and enjoy our swedish babes :)

Arizona's Finest

Reaction score
Hej,

Jaa jag bor i Örebro sedan Aug och det var bara bra. Jag resa till Stockholm på helgen och jag ska kolla för jeans det du just suggested.

Förlåt om min svenska är bra inte.

Tack så mycket.

-Kev

Joe G

Reaction score
I have bought some jeans around here and I still can't dress the way swedish men does.
Most Swedes I know, and most other Continental Europeans too, for that matter, buy a rather shocking amount of clothes from H&M. It's kind of like Northern Europe's Gap. (Of course, a lot of hipsters in London, Berlin, and Koln buy rather more of their wardrobe at the Gap than most people here would countenance...) The quality is lacking, but the price is low. Maybe try there.

Peace.

JG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics