• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you?

WhysGuy

Reaction score
I have a friend who is a doctor. He said that invariably the one thing all men lie about is their height. According to him, men usually add two inches.

As for my height, on a good day with low atmospheric pressure, I can just scrape out 5'8"..

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between 6'0 and 6'1, somehow I look taller. Most people think I'm taller.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 5.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a doctor. He said that invariably the one thing all men lie about is their height.  According to him, men usually add two inches.
I thought women lied about their height. Are you sure he didn't say WOmen?

Men lie about a different dimension.

linux_pro

Reaction score
I have a friend who is a doctor. He said that invariably the one thing all men lie about is their height. According to him, men usually add two inches.
Does that mean I'm actually 5'11"? Sweeeet.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2", which I understand to be the average for Dutch men nowadays (and my last name and a fraction of my ethnic heritage are Dutch).

The Netherlands are inhabited by giants. I felt like a midget there. I used to dance (Argentine) Tango, and one partner I had was a Dutch woman, 5'11", who was so strong sometime I felt like she was leading. She said that in the region she was from, she was considered short. Didn't believe her until I met her 6'5" fiance. And not just tall and skinny either.

WhysGuy

Reaction score
montecristo, I'm positive it's men, in fact he said he gets a kick out of asking men for their vitals first and then asking them to get on the scale to show them that they lied. I think women would be more apt to lie about their weight, I'll have to ask him about that... linux_pro, I thought I read somewhere you were a math major, according to him, you would really be 5'7" For those of us on the less 'vertically endowed' side, I have just discovered the AE MacNeil which has a thicker sole than most shoes. They're somewhat height-enhancing for those of us that can use it
biggrin.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm actually 6'2" and on a dry day my hair makes me 6'3".

Makes for an unobstructed view of Tokyo.

paul44

Reaction score
Looks like our Bell curve is starting to take shape.

Even if there are a lot of abnormally short people. Although I bet if we added more choices under 5'7" or whatever, it would be distributed a bit more thinly at that end.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Dutch are freaking tall.... I am 5'9, which is about average for the US, but after living in Amsterdam for the past 3 years I feel like a midget.

Guess its all the dairy... or maybe it's the Heineken.

Hope it's the Heineken...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to bump this up and hope to get a glimpse on the height demographic here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads