• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you?

orthofrancis

Reaction score
I'm 6'4"+ 205 (and dropping - yeah) 44-46L

average height in USA 5'10.4 (White+Black males - hispanic males 5'7")
average height in Netherlands 6'0.75

Tallest average male population is in the Dinaric Alps 6'1" (Croatian/Bosnian Alps)

Changes in the American Diet (obesity), and lack of micronutrients found in say fruits, etc, has probably lead to the height shrinking.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me feel bad for myself
bored.gif
Why the hell did I bump it up...
cloud.gif

Mike89LX

Reaction score
6'2 with no shoes, I'm stunned again to see this being the most popular height so far

Modernist

Reaction score
1m86, which is halfway between 6ft1" and 6ft2". No shoes of course.

I believe that we all look taller than that, thanks to the fitted clothing and heels of dress shoes (taller than sneakers, etc)

Yes, the Europeans are getting taller. Quite natural, if you come to think of it. It's only during the last five-six decades the political and economic climate has been stabilising, with the subsequent rise in living standards, health care and nutrition. Greeks used to be short, and now we field one of the best basket ball national teams in the world.

And the Dutch are indeed huge.

milosh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike89LX
6'2 with no shoes, I'm stunned again to see this being the most popular height so far

+1

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Tallest average male population is in the Dinaric Alps 6'1" (Croatian/Bosnian Alps)

I've spent quite a bit of time in Split, Croatia. The height of many, if not most, of the males there is quite noticeable. Although I've observed this in other areas of Croatia, it seemed more pronounced in Split.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
"I have a friend who is a doctor. He said that invariably the one thing all men lie about is their height. According to him, men usually add two inches."

I don't see how anyone thinks they can verbally add 2 full inches to their height and not have the person they are lying to immediately think, "yeah, right." Not saying it doesn't happen...but it's dopey.

Perhaps he will weigh in.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Didn't we already have this. Anyway 5'8 (I think) around 130-135lbs and size 35 jacket or so. I have an imposing physique that intimidates my interlocutors into submission. I'm also very quiet with a great sense of humour and like long walks on the beach and having ******** to Panthera. Serious inquiries or seriously hot nymphos only. Call now.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'6" This poll wil not get the nice bell curve if it throws the small and (also) the tall in one heap.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Didn't we already have this. Anyway 5'8 (I think) around 130-135lbs and size 35 jacket or so. I have an imposing physique that intimidates my interlocutors into submission. I'm also very quiet with a great sense of humour and like long walks on the beach and having ******** to Panthera. Serious inquiries or seriously hot nymphos only. Call now.

Is that how you scored Stitch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads