• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much money do you spend per day on coffee/espresso?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Just out of curiosity, since this has turned into a Nespresso love thread, do you guys keep the factory setting for shot length? You know if you hold down the short/lungo button you can either extend or shorten the shot time. I've never really screwed with that myself but when I was talking to the Nespresso rep yesterday looking to get some Indriya samples, she told me that she likes to lengthen the standard shot and cut the difference between a regular and lungo shot.

I play with it. Sometimes I brew a ristretto and sometimes I brew a shot a couple seconds longer than the standard one. The special release from the spring (bright green pods, don't know what they are called) makes a great ristretto shot.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I like the taste better running a regular shot of espresso (or two) and then adding hot water. I find that running the shot longer than it should gives the coffee a bitter taste.

Yes, adding very hot water to shots of espresso. This pretty much sums it up:

Two other reasons: 1) Even if I ran two shots through the lungo it still wouldn't be that large of a cup of coffee. Plus, as ama said, I find it to be thin and bitter when "over-run".
2) I don't have to clean anything else/dump out grounds/make any other preparations. Just run some water in the electric kettle and bang out two shots.

Agree to disagree. I much prefer a longer lungo than adding water. It's also mighty practical - don't have to leave my desk and go get some hot water every time I make myself a coffee.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
seven thousand Vietnam dong per day
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Agree to disagree. I much prefer a longer lungo than adding water. It's also mighty practical - don't have to leave my desk and go get some hot water every time I make myself a coffee.
Obviously its different if you don't have an electric kettle around. If I had to boil water on the stove there's no way in hell that I'd be waiting around for 10 minutes while water boiled.
Originally Posted by Matt
seven thousand Vietnam dong per day
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Good god man. Its a miracle you haven't prolapsed your rectum yet.

saban

Reaction score
I love coffee and i drink lots of coffee in a day that way i spend more money on coffee, approx usually 3 to 6 pound i spend on my every day coffee. i like cappuccino, latte, mocha and espresso coffee.

Treen

Reaction score
£3.00 A day for 6 cups of turkish brewed coffee from the shop next door. Used to be £2.20, but they put the price up by 10p...
ffffuuuu.gif

My trusty 15 year old Gaggia Baby died on me a few weeks ago. Might replace with a nespresso, as they seem to be getting a lot of love.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
About $5-6.00 a day.(Cup of Dancing Goat coffee in the morning, Cafe mochas/lattes/etc. in the afternoon.)

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close to 0.

My company provides an endless supply of Blue Bottle in the office. I rarely drink coffee at home. And infrequently when out and about.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$4 - $6 a day at Starbucks. This translates to 2 or 3 Venti regular coffees.

The coffee is terrible and it is too much to spend ( ~ $150/Month ).

But this is balanced by my frequent use of various Starbucks as meeting places, and the available wifi ( which is now free ).

Still, I wish that the regular coffee at Starbucks would be better. It is not very good.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
$4 - $6 a day at Starbucks. This translates to 2 or 3 Venti regular coffees. The coffee is terrible and it is too much to spend ( ~ $150/Month ). But this is balanced by my frequent use of various Starbucks as meeting places, and the available wifi ( which is now free ). Still, I wish that the regular coffee at Starbucks would be better. It is not very good.
Arnie, get the French Press when you're at Starbucks. Usually, they don't have any coffee ground, so they'll have to grind some up in a french press grind (larger than the normal drip grind). You can sometimes get them to grind you up a coffee other than that god awful Pike Place roast.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$2 for a regular brew from organic beans, $3 for an Americano at my local independents.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
$4 - $6 a day at Starbucks. This translates to 2 or 3 Venti regular coffees.

The coffee is terrible and it is too much to spend ( ~ $150/Month ).

But this is balanced by my frequent use of various Starbucks as meeting places, and the available wifi ( which is now free ).

Still, I wish that the regular coffee at Starbucks would be better. It is not very good.

rnoldh - but if you use starbucks for your office, maybe you can writeoff as business expense!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arnie, get the French Press when you're at Starbucks. Usually, they don't have any coffee ground, so they'll have to grind some up in a french press grind (larger than the normal drip grind). You can sometimes get them to grind you up a coffee other than that god awful Pike Place roast.

Thanks, I will try that.

I don't even expect a superb product. Just something average would do. As you say, the standard "Pike Place" roast is god awful.

Originally Posted by romafan
rnoldh - but if you use starbucks for your office, maybe you can writeoff as business expense!

I don't know if I even have the chutzpah to try that. I have a real office on Richmond Ave. in the Galleria area. And I really have another at home ( which I don't attempt to write off ). It would be ballsy to attempt a "Starbucks Office Deduction"
laugh.gif

BTW: I know I still owe you something ( but I've been too lazy to go to the PO ).
Hint: It concerns a 1960s Appreciation Female Icon ( though it is in no way Appreciation related ) and the icon died a few years ago. Completely "twins safe".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads