• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 161 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 152 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 80 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

Votes: 53 5.6%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 31 3.3%
  • 61 - 70

Votes: 24 2.5%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • 100+

Votes: 57 6.0%

• Total voters

SS 376

Reaction score
I have 12 or so, all in. I really try to make a good effort to buy only really high-quality shoes I truly love and will wear with some frequency. I’ve tried to aggressively cull anything I didn’t love wearing or that I absolutely needed (like snow boots). Speaking solely for myself, I can’t imagine really and truly liking and wearing more than 15-20 pairs.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really glad that there have been a few more votes in the 100+ category. I was getting nervous.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From your previous post, I ascertained that you focused on quality over quantity. There's a lot to be said for that mentality.

That and also I live in Houston so I don't have as much wear on my shoes because I hardly ever walk outdoors in them. This allows me to not have a huge need for a large collection and buy John Lobb and Pierre Corthay.

I'm sure if I lived in NYC, SF, or another city where walking everywhere is common, I'd have a lot more shoes like all the Alden boots a lot of people have. I really like some of the Alden boots but I won't have much opportunity to wear them compared to normal dress shoes.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really glad that there have been a few more votes in the 100+ category. I was getting nervous.

Amen to that brother!
Not counting sneakers, flip-flops and other casual crap, I have 101 pairs of AE, 1 pair from GS (and another on the way), 1 pair of Alden, 1 Red Wing and 1 cowboy boot.

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm super stylish, but I never had more pair of shoes than 6. What the hell, I think 90% of the votes are lies.. Only lifelong collectors can have more than 40-50 pair of shoes, or people who never wear them. I buy new shoes in every month, but I kill shoes in 3 weeks no matter how $$$ they are, the longest amount of time was 2 months while I could wear them, but usually after 1,5 month they fall apart. Last time I destroyed a Prada ankle boots less than 3 weeks. Not to mention I have a couple of super high quality items here for sale, and have average 1-2 sale per a half year, if the votes would be accurate, I would sell all of my stuffs here less than one month, lol...
However I have 30+ blazers to wear, there is no place for more in my wardrobe, so I keep them around 30.

KtSty

Reaction score
I'm super stylish, but I never had more pair of shoes than 6. What the hell, I think 90% of the votes are lies.. Only lifelong collectors can have more than 40-50 pair of shoes, or people who never wear them. I buy new shoes in every month, but I kill shoes in 3 weeks no matter how $$$ they are, the longest amount of time was 2 months while I could wear them, but usually after 1,5 month they fall apart. Last time I destroyed a Prada ankle boots less than 3 weeks. Not to mention I have a couple of super high quality items here for sale, and have average 1-2 sale per a half year, if the votes would be accurate, I would sell all of my stuffs here less than one month, lol...
However I have 30+ blazers to wear, there is no place for more in my wardrobe, so I keep them around 30.

You buy new shoes every month but only have 6? Even Prada's products can't be that bad. Construction looks to be purely gemmed but surely glue doesn't disintegrate in 3 weeks.

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You buy new shoes every month but only have 6? Even Prada's products can't be that bad. Construction looks to be purely gemmed but surely glue doesn't disintegrate in 3 weeks.

I have two pair of Chinese ones, and those are one of the highest quality I ever had. Prada was one of the lowest. I can send a pic of them, they look fine but their feet was hell garbage. Don't be fooled by a brand name. I usually walk off their heels less than 1 month, so the problem is the heels first then comes their front. If they make the heels from wood, then 99% I'll kill them in less then 1 month, no matter what brand it is. Wood is wood. I buy and eat shoes with the same tempo, so I always have around 6. Sometimes I kick down their front by a stone or road error, so 6-7 mistaken step, usually when you tired and walk home, and here we go, the shoe is killed.
Also there is a designer brand called Gucinari, I had 1 ankle boots from them, and experienced the same low quality feet just what I experienced with the Prada.

Thun242

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the super low quality Louboutin shoes, their marketing are really great, they blinded the whole market as one of the highest quality shoes, and several repair videos on YouTube where they paint their red feet with red nail polish after 1 week of use, lol.

lemmy127

Reaction score
I'm super stylish, but I never had more pair of shoes than 6. What the hell, I think 90% of the votes are lies.. Only lifelong collectors can have more than 40-50 pair of shoes, or people who never wear them. I buy new shoes in every month, but I kill shoes in 3 weeks no matter how $$$ they are, the longest amount of time was 2 months while I could wear them, but usually after 1,5 month they fall apart. Last time I destroyed a Prada ankle boots less than 3 weeks.

You should look into having your gait analyzed or something, because that **** ain't normal. I've had a pair of cheap camp mocs from LL Bean for a bit more than 26 months. I wear them for at least twice a week, and they're the pair of shoes I throw on to run errands at night and on weekends. The soles still have life left in them, with about another 1/8 of an inch of wear to go before the heels are shot.

If they make the heels from wood, then 99% I'll kill them in less then 1 month, no matter what brand it is. Wood is wood.

What you think is wood are pieces of leather or leather board glued and stacked on top of each other, with the slight color variance creating the appearance of wood grain.

KtSty

Reaction score
What you think is wood are pieces of leather or leather board glued and stacked on top of each other, with the slight color variance creating the appearance of wood grain.

Actually, for the type of shoes he's buying, those heels are at best particle leather board, most likely straight up plastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads