• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of us are under 150 lbs?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
almost have you beat, rjakapeanut.

Standing 5'6" I weighed 125 lbs last week. I shot up to 135 lbs until a couple of days ago when it started to go back down and am currently at 132 lbs.

In a month my waist came in from ~29.5 to 28.

The thing that really perplexes me is how my muscles are getting bigger (according to other people) and I'm getting a lot stronger, but I don't gain weight. Last year was even more perplexing and scary. I was getting stronger and losing weight.

haha yeah mines worse because i'm 3 inches taller than you.

i absolutely can understand what you're going through as far as the muscles getting bigger but the lack of weight gained. i've only gained about 5lbs in a few weeks so far on my current diet, but my arms are pretty much getting huge. i eat a ton of protein every day, i work out three days a week so i'm getting much stronger (i can bench my own body weight at this point, haven't been lifting for long) and my arms and abs look real nice. i'm just skinny, still. haha.

jurrigggg

Reaction score
5'11" 115 lbs.

and i eat like a horse. 3 times my white roommate who weighs 200ish. gotta love the southeast asian genes lol.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5'6, 120 lbs.

genraidar

Reaction score
Just over 6'0, 140. Started working out this week, going to try to gain 20 pounds in 6 months.

EdenResident

Reaction score
5'6 ~ 130lb but my legs are huge so my effective weight is around 125. I can never find clothes that fit me right. Once I tried lifting and bulked up to around 140 with solid muscle but all the extra protein was making me break out like crazy so I stopped. I'd rather be skinny and have a clean face.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Wow some of the height-weight ratios that I'm seeing are insane. I hope it is mostly chalking it up to some supersonic metabolism. Or maybe I'm just jealous that I'm 5'8", 150+25 lbs?

Give me a few weeks and I'll be there too, though admittedly my squat is going up nicely.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yeah, the pics of me were with really short Japanese people, so I looked tall by comparison.
wink.gif

Do you mean, really short Japanese people or like... average Japanese people whom to you seem short? I am not the tallest member of my family at 6'2", but the one family member taller, Kenichi, weighs like a buck thirty. I have 80lbs on him.

I could lift most of you people over my head with one arm and throw you like a javelin.

I laugh when people tell me their weight can fluctuate -+ 5lbs in a week. My weight can fluctuate that much or more after a MEAL.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Do you mean, really short Japanese people or like... average Japanese people whom to you seem short? I am not the tallest member of my family at 6'2", but the one family member taller, Kenichi, weighs like a buck thirty. I have 80lbs on him. I could lift most of you people over my head with one arm and throw you like a javelin. I laugh when people tell me their weight can fluctuate -+ 5lbs in a week. My weight can fluctuate that much or more after a MEAL.
Average Japanese people who, to me, seem short. In Japan, they'd not be considered short, but in the USA, certainly. Was the human javelin contributor-in-part to one of your jail terms?
wink.gif
It seems that perhaps only in Idaho that would be legal.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Was the human javelin contributor-in-part to one of your jail terms?
wink.gif
It seems that perhaps only in Idaho that would be legal.

Its only legal in idaho if the human Javelin is not white.

dopamine

Reaction score
5'9" 135ish pounds. Yeah, I've gained quite a bit of weight in college, probably about 15 pounds or so.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5"7 131lbs currently usually goes -2/+2 a lot on the weight.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus. Some of you guys are pretty slim. Sounds more genetic than intentional too.

I have about 100lbs on the average 5'9" er in this thread and still wear BB slim fit shirtings. You guys must put them on and break out in evil laughter at the Slim fit description.
devil.gif
devil.gif

dl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads