• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.2 miles on Monday evening including a quick trip across the Mississippi on the Eads Bridge from St. Louis, Missouri to East St. Louis, Illinois. The water was definitely high and a lot of the roads along the riverfront in downtown STL are closed off due to flooding.

EEFDDC18-2864-4162-87A8-4B48B99EB4D8.jpeg

982AF2EE-A4BC-46E2-A0E9-4E4C2DB27AF3.jpeg

C7437028-9E87-4797-9721-02B4A3863EDB.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday evening I planned a run with the goal of using a locally famous ice cream stand as the turnaround point. Well, I accomplished the first half of the run without any issues but halfway back to the hotel I suddenly turned west (as you can see where I veer off west towards the Botanical Gardens). The scenery was nice with some absolutely gorgeous neighborhoods but my planned 8 mile run turned into 12+. Oops!

I’m going to stick to the treadmill this evening.

78D85C9C-3AE2-43E3-8BEE-B78FC0747E5B.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@22something

8.0 the whole ways but AC was out in the gym so it was a beating

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The same lame ‘running’ as Monday. 10% incline: 2 miles steady at 5.0. Cool down for a couple minutes at 3.7, then a 2 minute burst at 6.0 to test things out, leg feels pretty good.

Hopefully by next week I’ll be ready to start making a real return. Would love to avoid the roads for another month though just to be safe. It sucks losing so much fitness. To think in mid-April I was running 14 milers in the elements at 7:25 avg pace, unsupported, nonstop, and considered it a moderate effort.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 on the tread mill with the four quarter-mile R pace intervals (8.8 MPH).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.8 miles from downtown St. Louis through Forest Park and back. Not the fastest but the morning traffic was heavy and I seemed to have to stop at every single intersection which really made it difficult to get any sort of consistent pace going.

C723E8D9-6196-454E-88E6-A559532DB9B7.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the opposite here in eastern Ontario - it's finally stopped raining and we have sun. I did a relaxed 6.5k today but it didn't feel as good as the fartleks a few days ago.

I think I'm ready to start upping the distances a little from next week. The plan is:

Sunday - am: 14.5k easy; pm: free weights and abdominal exercises*
Monday - 25k fast cycle; pm: free weights and abdominal exercises
Tuesday - 6.5k fartleks; pm: nothing
Wednesday - 52k moderate cycle; pm: free weights and abdominal exercises
Thursday - am: nothing; pm: 1.5 hours intensive Taiko drumming practice
Friday - am: 10k easy; pm: free weights and abdominal exercises
Saturday - am: 3 hours Taiko practice; pm: nothing

*this is just a 15 minute routine, nothing crazy.

I feel like I'm recovering my running form a little - even the difference in pace between my impromptu 10k race and the 8k race on Sunday was obvious, even if latter was still way slower than I would like. I think I've also lost a little weight, but it's only really doing more that's going to help pace and weight loss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads