• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a park with a few Softball fields linked together only a short walk away. Have been running nice and easy 5k's on the grass to play it safe. Leg feels great...but unfortunately I caught the flu over the weekend. Running while sick is a truly miserable experience...Feels like my lungs are full of bees.

metals37

Reaction score
11.8 miles Saturday and 9.7 miles yesterday. My wife pointed out that I got a little sun on my head in the shape of my mesh hat I wear....
I have a visor I like to wear running and a receding hairline..... I learnt my lesson a while ago not to wear the visor on long runs in sunny weather.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2CEA4CF5-559B-4C68-BEC4-76D48241B1A3.jpeg

Too beautiful of a day to stay in the office so I left around 1pm to capture the sun. 66f, light breeze, mostly sunny, no humidity.

Second time out on this preserve and I still have no idea where I’m going. Once I found a ‘trail’, which was odd parts cross-country mowed grass, wooded roots, and sandy gravel, I had to rely on internal compass as nothing was marked. It was hard to stay frustrated though...Had an absolutely fantastic time out there.

Since this is SF and all. Here’s some yuppie #athmenswear shit
EF8E37FA-9396-4BA0-B2AB-7DE3B0B89012.jpeg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shorts are awesome Dusty!

I've decided this summer I am going to take at least an afternoon off of work each week to go out and check out one of our parks and hit the trails in order to mix things up a bit. My neighborhood, and the parts I normally run in, are pretty flat and pretty urban but we have some great parks in the area, many with trails with pretty good climbs, so I really need to take advantage of them.

I got in 8.3 miles last night. My daughter was at her rock climbing class and instead of doing some climbing myself or running on the treadmill in the gym, I decided to head outside and get some miles in that way. Well, I started about 15 minutes later than I realized and with a few miles left to get back to her gym I looked down at my watch and realized I didn't have nearly as much time as I thought I did. My first 4.5 miles were at a leisurely 9:20/mile but I had to turn it up after then and averaged about 7:30/mile for the remaining 4 miles. I cannot recall the last time I kept a pace like that for that long. I was definitely huffing and puffing at the end of that run.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1191199

Too beautiful of a day to stay in the office so I left around 1pm to capture the sun. 66f, light breeze, mostly sunny, no humidity.

Second time out on this preserve and I still have no idea where I’m going. Once I found a ‘trail’, which was odd parts cross-country mowed grass, wooded roots, and sandy gravel, I had to rely on internal compass as nothing was marked. It was hard to stay frustrated though...Had an absolutely fantastic time out there.

Since this is SF and all. Here’s some yuppie #athmenswear shit
View attachment 1191222
Dayum, I want to drink at your place

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[email protected]:55

been too busy to run this week so it felt good to get back at it. Bluetooth headphones arrive Tuesday and I start running outside in earnest.

Went with 44mm iWatch 4 and powerbeats pro headphones so I can hopefully stream music without having to bring my phone

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.