• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a park with a few Softball fields linked together only a short walk away. Have been running nice and easy 5k's on the grass to play it safe. Leg feels great...but unfortunately I caught the flu over the weekend. Running while sick is a truly miserable experience...Feels like my lungs are full of bees.

metals37

Reaction score
11.8 miles Saturday and 9.7 miles yesterday. My wife pointed out that I got a little sun on my head in the shape of my mesh hat I wear....
I have a visor I like to wear running and a receding hairline..... I learnt my lesson a while ago not to wear the visor on long runs in sunny weather.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 trail miles with the dogs.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2CEA4CF5-559B-4C68-BEC4-76D48241B1A3.jpeg

Too beautiful of a day to stay in the office so I left around 1pm to capture the sun. 66f, light breeze, mostly sunny, no humidity.

Second time out on this preserve and I still have no idea where I’m going. Once I found a ‘trail’, which was odd parts cross-country mowed grass, wooded roots, and sandy gravel, I had to rely on internal compass as nothing was marked. It was hard to stay frustrated though...Had an absolutely fantastic time out there.

Since this is SF and all. Here’s some yuppie #athmenswear ****
EF8E37FA-9396-4BA0-B2AB-7DE3B0B89012.jpeg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those shorts are awesome Dusty!

I've decided this summer I am going to take at least an afternoon off of work each week to go out and check out one of our parks and hit the trails in order to mix things up a bit. My neighborhood, and the parts I normally run in, are pretty flat and pretty urban but we have some great parks in the area, many with trails with pretty good climbs, so I really need to take advantage of them.

I got in 8.3 miles last night. My daughter was at her rock climbing class and instead of doing some climbing myself or running on the treadmill in the gym, I decided to head outside and get some miles in that way. Well, I started about 15 minutes later than I realized and with a few miles left to get back to her gym I looked down at my watch and realized I didn't have nearly as much time as I thought I did. My first 4.5 miles were at a leisurely 9:20/mile but I had to turn it up after then and averaged about 7:30/mile for the remaining 4 miles. I cannot recall the last time I kept a pace like that for that long. I was definitely huffing and puffing at the end of that run.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 miles on the treadmill (1 at easy pace (9:50/mile), two at tempo pace (7:52/mile), and one at easy pace).

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1191199

Too beautiful of a day to stay in the office so I left around 1pm to capture the sun. 66f, light breeze, mostly sunny, no humidity.

Second time out on this preserve and I still have no idea where I’m going. Once I found a ‘trail’, which was odd parts cross-country mowed grass, wooded roots, and sandy gravel, I had to rely on internal compass as nothing was marked. It was hard to stay frustrated though...Had an absolutely fantastic time out there.

Since this is SF and all. Here’s some yuppie #athmenswear ****
View attachment 1191222

Dayum, I want to drink at your place

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6@46:55

been too busy to run this week so it felt good to get back at it. Bluetooth headphones arrive Tuesday and I start running outside in earnest.

Went with 44mm iWatch 4 and powerbeats pro headphones so I can hopefully stream music without having to bring my phone

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A1B2F6A4-2874-4BED-9C1D-765728779797.jpeg

Low 70’s, partly cloudy, no humidity and some moderate winds. Just having and absolutely fantastic time out there today. Finally starting to feel closer to my old self. Holding back to remain cautious. 20 measly miles this week, but without pain. Hoping to extend a couple miles to each run next week.

The Terra Kiger 5’s have been surprisingly solid thus far. Running mostly light-moderately technical trail under soft/dry conditions in them.
Shorts - Runnin Rabbit
Shirt - Salomon Sense trail ultra (did not end up wearing during run)
Shades - Goodr
Socks - Injini ultra trail
CA2EFC30-F6C0-4F6F-94FF-9DE9555F7B39.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads