• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My half-yearly total isn't anywhere near as impressive as either @Michigan Planner or @jbarwick: 1034km (642 miles). I had a bad January and February, which meant my first quarter was only 429km (267 miles), whereas my second was 604km (375 miles). I hope my third and fourth quarters will be more like the second than the first...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wearing shorts today that I bought 2 years ago thinking they would be fine and couldn't even get near buttoning them. Now I almost need a belt... it's great, but if I lose too much more, potentially very expensive!

I actually just ordered a couple pair of trousers from J. Press. Over the past couple of years, I would order a size 36 and have them let out a smidge. This time I ordered a 36 and thought they would maybe fit perfect right out of the box. Once I got them and tried them on I realized I probably should have gone with a 34... and still might have needed take them in. Oh well. I decided to take them to the tailor yesterday anyway and just have them taken in a couple inches and add some buttons for suspenders. I've noticed my thighs starting to get a bit beefier over the last couple of weeks (I've added a lot of squats and lunges to my warm-ups and cool-downs) so 34 might have been a bit too snug through the legs still.

I guess you don't really notice the weight loss as much when you experience it day-by-day and you don't have to put on any of your tailored clothing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran about 1.5 miles on Clear Creek in Golden, CO this afternoon. It’s just perfect at the current water levels, and with air temps in the upper 80s, it’s even better...

The whitewater park has some Class II+ drops. Good times...

I did two runs, and went to the downstream end on the second lap. The takeout is just above where Coors pulls water into the brewery. Next time you crack open a can, do think of all the tubers, kayakers, anglers, and kids hanging out in the creek. :cheers:

431CA572-F7D9-468D-9C03-D4DFE55B26F5.jpeg
1FB9D120-6F17-44C1-8893-882727B02030.jpeg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
30 miles (Hawk Hill/Battery Townsley) after work (!) today. Because it's the middle of the summer in San Francisco, it was so cold that my toes got numb.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 miles (Hawk Hill/Battery Townsley) after work (!) today. Because it's the middle of the summer in San Francisco, it was so cold that my toes got numb.

We'll have no complaints about you living in San Francisco, not with all those with which pictures you regularly taunt us! :-D

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this strange encounter I had yesterday during my run.

So, it’s summer and thus hot for most of the country. As a heavy runner, I don’t tend to fare well in temps above 80 with high exposure, so I opt for short shorts and no shirt as previously discussed.

I was about 4-5 miles in when I came up on a guy walking with a couple girls. A lot of people walk the trail and we normally just mind our own business as we pass in opposing directions. This chap seemed to zero in on me and as I came within speaking distance cried out “Hey buddy...Nice dick!!”. This was equal parts confusing and amusing. I was wearing black shorts with a brief liner, so the chances of any excessive exposure were low...at least vs. the half tights I normally wear. I just said thanks and kept it rolling.

Do any of you guys get weird comments by passerby’s or is it just me? I think I attract this sort of thing as it happens somewhat regularly.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, it’s summer and thus hot for most of the country. As a heavy runner, I don’t tend to fare well in temps above 80 with high exposure, so I opt for short shorts and no shirt as previously discussed.

I was about 4-5 miles in when I came up on a guy walking with a couple girls. A lot of people walk the trail and we normally just mind our own business as we pass in opposing directions. This chap seemed to zero in on me and as I came within speaking distance cried out “Hey buddy...Nice dick!!”. This was equal parts confusing and amusing. I was wearing black shorts with a brief liner, so the chances of any excessive exposure were low...at least vs. the half tights I normally wear. I just said thanks and kept it rolling.

Do any of you guys get weird comments by passerby’s or is it just me? I think I attract this sort of thing as it happens somewhat regularly.
So I think it was 2018 or 17 I was running past a commercial pie facility (I think they bake and distribute because when I would run past it there would be a really buttery smell in the air). Anyway one time there was an older African-American woman taking a smoke break watching me come up the hill and she said something along the lines of: "wouldn't mind you slowing down so I could keep looking."

For a variety of reasons I took a week off (hurt then I gave blood etc). Did four miles today to get back in the swing of things and it went as well as can be expected.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to climbing... This is my third time at the gym in the past week. Surprisingly, I haven’t lost much climbing fitness. I’m maxing our at V5, versus V6 back in March. I suppose I can thank the hangboard work for that.

I had to give up climbing when my daughter was born, but I still use my hangboarg regularly. Its a Detroit Climbing Company board and its the best I've ever used. I highly recommend it if you are in the market for another one.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nothing shows off to the ladies how classy you are like yelling that to another dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads