• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
62.4 miles today. Ran the 100K on what amounts to the rockiest terrain I've ever run. Tough course but survived. Quite a few dropped down to the 2 loop 40 mile run due to the course and heat (78 degrees high).
I did better than I thought I would. Placed 6th overall and ran a 13:39.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

62.4 miles today. Ran the 100K on what amounts to the rockiest terrain I've ever run. Tough course but survived. Quite a few dropped down to the 2 loop 40 mile run due to the course and heat (78 degrees high).
I did better than I thought I would. Placed 6th overall and ran a 13:39.

:slayer:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.5 blissfull 4/20 miles in the nyc springtime sun.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Six mile brick run survived (after a 50 mile zone 2 ride)! Mental note, consume more calories during the bike ride! I bonked hard at about 4.5 miles. I also saw my first rattlesnake of the year.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wingin' it: Congratulations!

fueco: What is a "brick" run?

It's the tri geek term for a training brick consisting of a bike ride followed immediately by a run (basically, you're trying to replicate the transition from bike to run during a race).

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 light miles today.

Working myself back into shape.

Does anyone have any experience with foam rollers? I don't know if I'm a closet masochist or if this thing is really doing the trick. I have felt more limber after using it than I have since the early 90s. ;)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a bunch of dudes in RHET swears by foam rolling and knobbling.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foam rolling is awesome, and it will feel better the more you do it. I have one of those crazy Rumble Rollers, and the first time I used that after switching from a standard roller it killed, and sometimes it still does, but it's definitely a good hurt.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
8 this afternoon.

I have a foam roller which I seldom use. But it seems to help when I do use it.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Foam rolling is awesome, and it will feel better the more you do it. I have one of those crazy Rumble Rollers, and the first time I used that after switching from a standard roller it killed, and sometimes it still does, but it's definitely a good hurt.

Oh that looks great! I have a standard foam roller, but could see the rumble one being kind of fun. My IT bands are like total hurt, hamstrings hurt in spots, and the front of my thighs (not sure what to call that) are sore but not necessarily as painful as rolling on the IT band. That's basically all I do, so far.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh that looks great! I have a standard foam roller, but could see the rumble one being kind of fun. My IT bands are like total hurt, hamstrings hurt in spots, and the front of my thighs (not sure what to call that) are sore but not necessarily as painful as rolling on the IT band. That's basically all I do, so far.

I have 3 foam rollers. 2 hand held (1 plastic bendable, 1 foam on hardwood) and 1 6" diameter with nubs on it to roll on. I use them after stretching each night or after a longer run. The IT band will hurt rolling on one or hand rolling them out. Just remember that most IT band injuries are the symptom not the cause. The rolling will help though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads