• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long till Hermes cartoon/icon ties are laughably outdated? (like acid wash jeans)

farmer

Reaction score
This thread is laughable! If a classic Hermes tie was delivered to your door tomorrow, how many of you wouldn't wear it? I agree with most that the majority cof these "animal prints" are somewhat annoying, but do find the humor, grace and style in those few patterns that are classic. What is truly discouraging is the multitude of copy-cats that have sprung up, denying the discerning gentleman of his laugh at the office. I personally own one Hermes tie, but none of the knock-offs. Of the fifty ties I own the majority are rep stripes, plain colors or repeating patterns. I wear a tie 5 days a week and once a month or in great while it is nice to break the tempo of monotony and wear something that speaks to the personality of the individual. I am attending a formal event this week, where the dress code is artistic black tie. I will be wearing an Hermes tie that cost $200, with a custom navy blue suit, tan Allen Edmonds shoes and a tan belt. Step into the next generation gentleman! Every once in a while the dreary nature of the workweek must be lifted, humor prevails, and with a beautiful woman by your side you step confidently into a room of your peers and you own who you are. Do not be jealous or crass or shallow, but respect and appreciate the man next to you for the complex individual he is...Or you can continue to live by the rules/limitations that have made you a person who criticizes another man. So long as a man is confident, funny, and witty he will be a good man to know and count amongst your friends. Be bold gentleman, dare to be great!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pattern doesnt matter as long as it coordinates with the rest of the outfit. I get more compliments on animal print ties than any other style.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just picked up an animal tie so the likelihood of them going out of style is nil.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Renton

Reaction score

Originally Posted by Reevolving
I
p1011293zb6.jpg
Not sure why this thread was revived, but I still want this tie

astrocyte

Reaction score
I've been reading through some old threads trying to learn some things and for some reason tried to Google the Hermes hippo tie on the front page of this thread. Just wanted to point out that it is currently for sale on Ebay (I am not the seller!). I would be quite entertained to see one of the people who liked it put his money where his mouth is.

Godot

Reaction score
Tie has stains and pulls. Made a fair offer of $1.50 but it was declined. Oh well.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread is laughable! If a classic Hermes tie was delivered to your door tomorrow, how many of you wouldn't wear it? I agree with most that the majority cof these "animal prints" are somewhat annoying, but do find the humor, grace and style in those few patterns that are classic. What is truly discouraging is the multitude of copy-cats that have sprung up, denying the discerning gentleman of his laugh at the office. I personally own one Hermes tie, but none of the knock-offs. Of the fifty ties I own the majority are rep stripes, plain colors or repeating patterns. I wear a tie 5 days a week and once a month or in great while it is nice to break the tempo of monotony and wear something that speaks to the personality of the individual. I am attending a formal event this week, where the dress code is artistic black tie. I will be wearing an Hermes tie that cost $200, with a custom navy blue suit, tan Allen Edmonds shoes and a tan belt. Step into the next generation gentleman! Every once in a while the dreary nature of the workweek must be lifted, humor prevails, and with a beautiful woman by your side you step confidently into a room of your peers and you own who you are. Do not be jealous or crass or shallow, but respect and appreciate the man next to you for the complex individual he is...Or you can continue to live by the rules/limitations that have made you a person who criticizes another man. So long as a man is confident, funny, and witty he will be a good man to know and count amongst your friends. Be bold gentleman, dare to be great!
You maverick!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads