• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How is Louis Vuitton shoes compring to E&G or G&G?

Alfie Zhan

Reaction score
1.I was been told that if a gentleman really needs to buy a nice shoes, you should looking at John Lobb, Edward and Green, G&G...etc, instead of prestige fashion house such as LV, PRADA.

I know that other less prestige RTW clothing brand such as Girogio Armani, Emporio Armani, Dolce&Gabbana, burberry, dior homme.....etc, although they do have some good shoes, but most of the money you paid is for the fashion design and the name, not the quality, I saw one of dior homme dress shoes from a friend, it costed him $1000, but I can see the quality of leather is terrible and the wrinkles looks ugly.

I understand that John Lobb, Edward and Green, G&G might be one of the few best options to buy a nice shoes. But how about Louis Vuitton and Gucci? Ulike other designer brands such as armani( they don't have their own factory, their shoes is made by machine in italy maybe by chinese workers using mediocre leather and selling at a premium price), LV having their own shoe factory , and I had try a few wallets and leather goods from LV, their quality of leather is generally better than PRADA and other italian brand name, also the price point is different, so how is the shoes from LV? Is it mediocre comparing to John Lobb or Edward and green?

By the way after reading the comments of this article,http://www.wsj.com/articles/mens-fashion-wants-its-moment-1424906999

I can see that why some of gentlemen are against of fashion .why?Is it more conservative here? (However I do find San Francisco is a bit different). I think it is a good thing that more and more high fashion housing is focusing on menswear putting more colorful and changes into it for the last 10 years, they even combine street wear into expensive clothes, you see from this from Louis Vuitton to Givenchy by riccardo tisci, Gucci and Valentino, there is a reason why some classic menswear brand is getting forgotten before they change- Zegna , Canali, Brioni. Because most people don't need to wear suite and tie everyday, they wear leather jacket, bomber, blazer, maybe with high fashion sneakers for a party . It is about fashion and design that makes a brand cool and young, so that is why some brand is leading the industry from fashion show to everything in the market, you might be forgotten if u were too conservative. And that is probably why Emporio is much popular than armani collezioni in Europe especially Italy. I didn't mean that a man need to keep chasing fashion and dress like a clown, but I see those in a positive way and learn from it.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you like over priced stuff with egregious labeling, go for LV or Gucci. If you want quality, stick to JL, EG, GG etc.

It's really not more complicated than that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads