• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you carry your lunch to work?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tupperware for protein powder, tupperware for meat, tupperwear for fruit/veg. my back pack weighs like 25-40 lbs every day

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I have an insulated lunch bag that I purchased at the grocery store. It fits a sandwich, yogurt, bag of chips and a soda. I carry it in my messenger bag on the light rail train to work and then it goes in the fridge in the breakroom.

If I actually have real work to transport in my bag, the lunch bag gets carried separately.

bob99

Reaction score
The Mr. Bento jar looks interesting, thanks for the tip!

The reason I don't want to just put it all into one container is I'm trying to eat 2 smaller meals. I suppose I could just eat half and put it back in the fridge... but sometimes I'm bringing beef in one container / chicken in another.

Kunk et al, when you say Tupperware, are you using Tupperwareâ„¢ or another brand? I'm looking for a good set of containers that won't leak, so any suggestions along those lines would also be appreciated.

JoeTheMechanic

Reaction score
I know this post is a bit old but there are a lot of options out there nowadays since this was first posted.

Not only are there waxes canvas lunch bags, but there are also reusable lunch bags made of silicone. I think bento boxes are nice but I prefer something that's a bit more compact.

I also found some good options here for full-sized lunch bags. Most of these have really food insulation.

As for the Tupperware, Tupperware is great as well as Hefty if you don't want to pay Tupperware prices. I also just wrap my sandwiches in plastic wrap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads