• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How do you carry your lunch to work?

bob99

Reaction score
As I've been eating healthier, I've been bringing my lunch to work for the past 8 months. It usually consists of:

2-3 Tupperware Containers of chicken / beef
2 Containers of Vegetables
Almonds
2 Apples
A diet soda or two

How does everyone here carry around a sizeable lunch? It's a bit large for my bag, and I'm looking for some way to keep it together, and stop any condensation from forming on the outside of containers that have been refrigerated.

Any suggestions for a waterproof lunch bag / better container storage solution would be appreciated.

Bob

pinchi22

Reaction score
I´ve seen a few dedicated lunch carriers - funcional but pretty ugly. I´ve been using hermetically-sealed containers in a surprisingly cool messenger-type bag that I got as a freebie at a trade show in Europe last year. It´s grey, also holds a book, sunglasses and iPod and goes fairly well with a suit.

If you want a more casual look, how about a Timbuk2 messenger bag. My friends swear by them.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99
As I've been eating healthier, I've been bringing my lunch to work for the past 8 months. It usually consists of:

2-3 Tupperware Containers of chicken / beef
2 Containers of Vegetables
Almonds
2 Apples
A diet soda or two

How does everyone here carry around a sizeable lunch? It's a bit large for my bag, and I'm looking for some way to keep it together, and stop any condensation from forming on the outside of containers that have been refrigerated.

Any suggestions for a waterproof lunch bag / better container storage solution would be appreciated.

Bob

Why dont you just get one larger container and put all the meats and vegetables together?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
exactly, just make a medley. Back when I was bulking up Id take a thing of rice and mix in some veggies and a chicken breast. Another tupperware with a sandwich and a few pieces for fruit. Screw the coke.

So today I put my single tupperwear of salad in a plastic bag and put it in my messenger back. Fits perfect.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Brown paper bag, in my briefcase.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
in a bottle with a cork on top. usually marked "bourbon"

Cavalier

Reaction score
Mr Bentos are $35 shipped off Amazon. I highly recommend.

JohnShaft

Reaction score
How do you carry your lunch to work?
On a tray, close to my body, so the other prisoners can't get at it.

And what is this 'bulking up' that you people are on about? You're those little pocket people that wear all those 36-42 jackets, aren't you?

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
ahh memories..

Today I take one sandwich, 1 fruit & water bottle, carried in a soft leather briefcase. For me lunch should only be enough to prevent starvation. Anything more makes me want a nap.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually grasp the rolled up part of the paper bag and just walk with it.

Ozarks

Reaction score
I often ride into work and hate commuting that distance with stuff on my back. So, once a week I go to the grocery and stock up a week's worth of sandwich making materials + fruit/veggies. Or get one of these with the designated burrito pocket.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone who worked for Hermes told me that one Japanese customer ordered a custom Hermes leather container to carry a single apple.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
usually a paper sack, or a paper sack in a backpack.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.