1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your lunch to work?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by bob99, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bob99

bob99 Senior member

As I've been eating healthier, I've been bringing my lunch to work for the past 8 months. It usually consists of:

2-3 Tupperware Containers of chicken / beef
    2 Containers of Vegetables
    Almonds
    2 Apples
    A diet soda or two

How does everyone here carry around a sizeable lunch? It's a bit large for my bag, and I'm looking for some way to keep it together, and stop any condensation from forming on the outside of containers that have been refrigerated.

Any suggestions for a waterproof lunch bag / better container storage solution would be appreciated.

Bob

2. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

I´ve seen a few dedicated lunch carriers - funcional but pretty ugly. I´ve been using hermetically-sealed containers in a surprisingly cool messenger-type bag that I got as a freebie at a trade show in Europe last year. It´s grey, also holds a book, sunglasses and iPod and goes fairly well with a suit.

If you want a more casual look, how about a Timbuk2 messenger bag. My friends swear by them.

3. Macallan9

Macallan9 Senior member

As I've been eating healthier, I've been bringing my lunch to work for the past 8 months. It usually consists of:

2-3 Tupperware Containers of chicken / beef
    2 Containers of Vegetables
    Almonds
    2 Apples
    A diet soda or two

How does everyone here carry around a sizeable lunch? It's a bit large for my bag, and I'm looking for some way to keep it together, and stop any condensation from forming on the outside of containers that have been refrigerated.

Any suggestions for a waterproof lunch bag / better container storage solution would be appreciated.

Bob

Why dont you just get one larger container and put all the meats and vegetables together?

4. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

exactly, just make a medley. Back when I was bulking up Id take a thing of rice and mix in some veggies and a chicken breast. Another tupperware with a sandwich and a few pieces for fruit. Screw the coke.

So today I put my single tupperwear of salad in a plastic bag and put it in my messenger back. Fits perfect.

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Brown paper bag, in my briefcase.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

in a bottle with a cork on top. usually marked "bourbon"

7. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

Mr Bentos are $35 shipped off Amazon. I highly recommend.

8. why

why Senior member

in a bottle with a cork on top. usually marked "bourbon"

[​IMG]

9. JohnShaft

JohnShaft Senior member

On a tray, close to my body, so the other prisoners can't get at it.

And what is this 'bulking up' that you people are on about? You're those little pocket people that wear all those 36-42 jackets, aren't you?

10. Hangdog

Hangdog Well-Known Member

In my A-Team lunch box.

11. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

ahh memories..
    [​IMG]

Today I take one sandwich, 1 fruit & water bottle, carried in a soft leather briefcase. For me lunch should only be enough to prevent starvation. Anything more makes me want a nap.

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

I usually grasp the rolled up part of the paper bag and just walk with it.

13. Ozarks

Ozarks Senior member

I often ride into work and hate commuting that distance with stuff on my back. So, once a week I go to the grocery and stock up a week's worth of sandwich making materials + fruit/veggies. Or get one of these with the designated burrito pocket. [​IMG]

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Someone who worked for Hermes told me that one Japanese customer ordered a custom Hermes leather container to carry a single apple.

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

usually a paper sack, or a paper sack in a backpack.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

tupperware for protein powder, tupperware for meat, tupperwear for fruit/veg. my back pack weighs like 25-40 lbs every day

17. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

I have an insulated lunch bag that I purchased at the grocery store. It fits a sandwich, yogurt, bag of chips and a soda. I carry it in my messenger bag on the light rail train to work and then it goes in the fridge in the breakroom.

If I actually have real work to transport in my bag, the lunch bag gets carried separately.

18. BP348

BP348 Senior member

I use a real lunch box by igloo that I got at walmart.

19. bob99

bob99 Senior member

The Mr. Bento jar looks interesting, thanks for the tip!

The reason I don't want to just put it all into one container is I'm trying to eat 2 smaller meals. I suppose I could just eat half and put it back in the fridge... but sometimes I'm bringing beef in one container / chicken in another.

Kunk et al, when you say Tupperware, are you using Tupperwareâ„¢ or another brand? I'm looking for a good set of containers that won't leak, so any suggestions along those lines would also be appreciated.