• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Customizable Are These Mtm Programs?

neyus

Reaction score
I am thinking about going down the MTM/BESPOKE path, but I dont think I have very good options here in my city (Brisbane, Australia) with regard to Bespoke.

The makers here seem to force to much of their house style on the customer and they seem to be all stuck in a late 70s, early 80s time warp.

I do however, have several MTM options available

Brioni, Borrelli, Zegna, Canali and Corneliani MTM.

Im pretty sure the first two are about $5,000.00 a pop.

So I would probably engage the last 3.

Is anyone familar with these makers? How flexible are the options?

I would probably want to get a jacket made with patch pockets and a 3 button rolled to 2.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you must ask the retailors about this. some mfgs use the mtm to only to enhance the fit of their garments. and will make only their signature styles.
others will make some basic changes in the style.
dont forget their profit comes from volume sales. the mtm is just an acommodation.
there some mtm mfgs who do this only. they can more in the way of changes as that is their only business. their garments are sold usually through independant tailors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads