• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hookah?

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
what you heard is invariably untrue.

Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
Yes I have and ...it is badass! I've filled the base with michelob ultra and smoked some AF grape. I was sharing it between my friend and I. Within 15 mins, I felt a strange buzz...i liked it. It wasn't a straight up alcoholic buzz or a nicotine one. It was nice and pleasant. Mind you, my friend is about 260 pounds and I was at 180. An average night was about 10-15 drinks so we weren't novices when it comes to booze.

Now I haven't done it with liquor but one day...

Oh and it does give off a nice beer flavor
bounce2.gif

So Im guessing that depending on the volume of the base, the appropriate amount of alcohol will affect the taste of the tobacco?

I wouldn't want to waste premium alcohol but maybe some average liquor might do the trick.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hookah? I barely know her!

Qzar

Reaction score
I have a friend who knows how to pack a seriously mean bowl. I think he packs it rather tight, pushes holes through all of it and placed two Three Kings coals on it. The smoke is absolutely perfect.

As far as Shisha goes.... Cappuccino and Cinnamon.... enough said.

oh and Mint is good too... we always go through a mint phase and we end up consuming large quantities of the stuff.

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Not since college, but I have never seen anyone do tobacco in it - - -

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question: my hookah always has like specs of tobacco **** in it when i first light it up and pull on it

so you get this gross tobacoo specs in your mouth... what am i doing wrong?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Packing too loosely, probably.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Because they haven't been doing this for centuries in the Middle East or anything...
plain.gif

Really, that was meant in jest. I was referring more to college freshman and other similarly minded dipshits -- not an attack on hookah itself. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I don't think they were smoking double cherry bubblegum flavored tobacco centuries long ago and paying $16 for it.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People actually smoke tobacco in hookahs?

"And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Recall Alice
When she was just small"

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Really, that was meant in jest. I was referring more to college freshman and other similarly minded dipshits -- not an attack on hookah itself. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I don't think they were smoking double cherry bubblegum flavored tobacco centuries long ago and paying $16 for it.

I noticed a Hookah/Coffee shop when I was in Miami last year. Tons of teens sitting around at tables with Hookahs and Lattes. Just about every kid had his own pack and flavor of tobacco. It just looked kind of strange.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Yea I'd deffinatly recommend putting it on a table or a hardwood floor. There was a thing in the news a few months ago when a dorm was set on fire by a hookah knocked down a kid died.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't solve it by packing tighter, give the whole hookah a good clean and that should solve the problem.

General responses to this thread:
1. Yes, nasty bubblegum weird flavors are disgusting. You can find nice subtle flavors that also let you taste the tobacco, as well as pure tobacco. I recently had the opportunity to smoke some Golden Al Fakher Bahraini Apple. It's a very subtle, spicy red apple with a substantial heavy tobacco note - expensive, but highly recommended.
2. Yes, people buy into the whole coolness factor. That doesn't mean there aren't people out there who actually enjoy hookah smoking. It would be like saying everyone who has ever smoked a cigar only did so because they wanted to be in with the cigar-smoking set.
3. More people smoke tobacco out of a hookah than anything else. In fact, if you're smoking other things, I would suggest a different device. Never use the same hookah for tobacco and other things.
4. KEEP H8T1N B33TCH3zzzz

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw just for you single boys: i use the hookah to bring chicks back to my place all the time. never fails

how do i clean the hookah properly, ive tried a few times, doesnt seem to help

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads