• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Follow up post to yesterday's
I tried to add some contrast...I think the first one is better.
Same suit but it taken at night so less blue

Last edited:

McBindle

Reaction score
My entry into the Green Knit Tie Club. Patterned pants on deck as well.

Patterned trouser, sock and shoe (AE McCallister) detail:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Like Stitch was hinting at there is not much great B&M shopping in Bmore. There's a nice little shop called Samuel Parker clothiers that's just north of downtown that sells some really nice stuff - go ahead and google them to see what they have and where they're located. I think their annual sale is over so don't expect any great deals, but the owner Ken is a great dude and is a nice guy to talk to if you have time to BS and talk about clothes.

i have heard good things about them. never been tho.
--

great fit, T. especially the next level hat + socks matching.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
definitely another hall of fame style....wow. every detail perfect, fit is spot on man....really like the shirt collar and tie, too. talk about perfect execution of a suit and tie!
Taken from last week..The goal was to keep things simple before the trip out of town.

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
+10. Chocsosa, I wonder what your secrets are to getting such a good fit?

Rudals: I especially like the combo with the silver tie.

definitely another hall of fame style....wow. every detail perfect, fit is spot on man....really like the shirt collar and tie, too. talk about perfect execution of a suit and tie!
Quote:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

stitchy, I am following your advice.. Ill be in Baltimore for business meeting this weekend and I plan on dedicating Saturday to getting some louder patterned ties..any suggestion's being I have not shopped in Baltimore or D.C in a while!

Dude, you look S#ARP!
As far as Baltimore goes...my apologies to anyone who live in Baltimore...but that place just sucks. Since youre gonna be there anyways, if u like pizza theres a good place called Iggies, if u like Italian theres sotto sopra, and if u like sushi there is rah on habour east. As far as shopping goes I'd just come down south to Chevy Chase or Gtown or even Tysons in No.VA. Nothing good in Baltimore.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow up post to yesterday's
I tried to add some contrast...I think the first one is better.
Same suit but it taken at night so less blue

Rudals, I think you have put up some good looks from a couple days ago to now. The trick is to find something you like that works for you. I am a simple pattern guy for instance and I know for some on here, that is not for them. However you have to go in knowing that you like what you like and as far as you have the basics down people will either roll with your choices or they wont. Those that wont, however, will respect that look as being uniquely you and leave at that.. the most important thing is you have some quality pieces there and with time you will find what your steeze is..hope that helps..
+10. Chocsosa, I wonder what your secrets are to getting such a good fit?

Thanks Crimson! I know what Brands I can fit into in terms of my size and what brands I cant even think of.. and i have an awesome pair of Tailors that I have worked with extensively over the last three years here in Fresno..I lucked out.. and lastly just really being on this forum. I know some peeps think its circle jerking but for real, I really learned a lot from guys on here..if I did not, I would not be here or post here..I am still learning too.. I want to start dabbling with strong patterns (which is not my thing) and have options there..I am learning that from this forum as well..

Thanks Foxx! My motto is simple is hard to **** up! lol..
Just realized I never shared these pics Barims took while i was in London

Oba T, your chief execellency! lol.. Looking good bruv!
the only B&M place i get ties these days is at the last call in arundel mills. its near glen burnie, between bmore and DC. careful about my following my advise tho, dangerous move that.
im down.

would be awesome.
Yea thats where I used to shop too.. always great ties available.. suits and shoe selections were horrid..typically I would drive out to Tyson's corner for that..I'll still try to check 'em out this weekend though..maybe you wanna tag along if you are free?

Like Stitch was hinting at there is not much great B&M shopping in Bmore. There's a nice little shop called Samuel Parker clothiers that's just north of downtown that sells some really nice stuff - go ahead and google them to see what they have and where they're located. I think their annual sale is over so don't expect any great deals, but the owner Ken is a great dude and is a nice guy to talk to if you have time to BS and talk about clothes.
I have heard of his shop. I'll try to stop by for a visit. I get in Thurs afternoon staying in Bmore, but my meetings are in DC all Friday long and I fly out Sat night..so I'll google 'em and try Sat afternoon, maybe..you been there before bete?

Would pay for Stitches/Choc meet up pics.

But you have to do the DeVito/Schwarzenegger Twins movie poster.

haha.. you guys would love that! LMAO!! Lets make it happen stitchy!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am fully aware that I'm pissing into the wind, but the following folks failed to spoiler pictures in their quotes over the last 24 hours. Some of them included the picture unspoilered for good reason (e.g. a series of constructive criticisms or it was a small image and spoilering it would ruin the snark of the proceeding comment), but a lot of them were of the "high five" variety. "Awesome man, we'll done." I have no problem with such comments, but they don't need the unspoilered image to go along with them.

The_Foxx
Crimson Sox
Mr.Daniels
Mr Engineer
edmorel
TobiasM (who is new)
Claperyon
Westpointkappa
Spoopoker
Ebonyman

So...uh.....yeah. I'll be doing this occasionally. Sorry to all for being a jerk about something so insignificant.
shog[1].gif

(Also, to be clear, unspoilered images in quotations can be warranted and were in a few of those instances. I'm just not making any distinctions to avoid favoritism)

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you look S#ARP!
As far as Baltimore goes...my apologies to anyone who live in Baltimore...but that place just sucks. Since youre gonna be there anyways, if u like pizza theres a good place called Iggies, if u like Italian theres sotto sopra, and if u like sushi there is rah on habour east. As far as shopping goes I'd just come down south to Chevy Chase or Gtown or even Tysons in No.VA. Nothing good in Baltimore.

yo, Im from Baltimore! lol.. DC is fun though but I rep that west side bmore all day! lol..I used to go to Iggies..off of Calvert right..good pizza..never been to sotta sopra though..for shopping I usually am in Tysons though..wish I could get great deals like you guys do.. but for my size sometimes I have to pay full price.. more times the most I get is like 40% off.. Ill see some beautiful pieces like a Isaia or a RLBL for like 70-80% off... but for the most part not fitting into those..

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

yo, Im from Baltimore! lol.. DC is fun though but I rep that west side bmore all day! lol..I used to go to Iggies..off of Calvert right..good pizza..never been to sotta sopra though..for shopping I usually am in Tysons though..wish I could get great deals like you guys do.. but for my size sometimes I have to pay full price.. more times the most I get is like 40% off.. Ill see some beautiful pieces like a Isaia or a RLBL for like 70-80% off... but for the most part not fitting into those..

Yikes! My bad. Hope I didnt offend u lol. Yes, Iggies is on Calvert. I guess my extra hatred of Bmore may just have to do with my ex who went to Peabody. She turned my world upside down...but that's for a different forum. Dont want Clag coming down on me too. And by the way, I am probably the only dummy in this forum who has paid full retail on all his clothing...at Tysons II. I hate me...a fool.

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes! My bad. Hope I didnt offend u lol. Yes, Iggies is on Calvert. I guess my extra hatred of Bmore may just have to do with my ex who went to Peabody. She turned my world upside down...but that's for a different forum. Dont want Clag coming down on me too. And by the way, I am probably the only dummy in this forum who has paid full retail on all his clothing...at Tysons II. I hate me...a fool.

nah, you are good..got you on Peabody.. I have an old friend of mine who went there.. I partied heavy when I was younger (under 23) in bmore.. fells point, power plant.. places like that.. as I got older then the partying shifted to DC..so to a degree apart from the ex G/F part, I feel ya..

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard of his shop. I'll try to stop by for a visit. I get in Thurs afternoon staying in Bmore, but my meetings are in DC all Friday long and I fly out Sat night..so I'll google 'em and try Sat afternoon, maybe..you been there before bete?

Yup, I've been there several times, although I moved from Baltimore a while ago, so I haven't been there in about 2 years or so. I got my first pair of Alden shell LWB from that place, and they also sell some C&J for RL shoes. I never bought any suits or SCs there, but they have a nice selection of ties and squares and other accessories, like Drake's for instance. But be prepared to pay full price for pretty much everything there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads