• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool cowboy boots(?).
biggrin.gif
Yep, they are cowboy boots, without a doubt.

McBindle

Reaction score
Very nice. The lapels are super wide. I think a slimmer lapel would look better on your frame. 3" maybe.
Thank you. Agree on the lapels. I would prefer a more proportional lapel to shoulder ratio but I thought I could push it a bit on occasion with this jacket. I'll move away from it with something more classical soon.

Don Cologne - even if it were not a crazy shoe challenge the shoes look nice with the suit. Their "gravitas" compliment the double breasted suit. Also, the progression of your fits has been admirable. I am impressed by how fast you have absorbed and worked with criticism. I'm hoping for a similar learning curve.

Cousin Donuts - The gun club and pattern on the square are working very well. Nice scale and textural contrast.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks - but a blue and white gingham tie is by no means a wedding tie. Its one of, if not the most ubiquitous summer ties there is!

this.
--

crusty - excellent fit. you could be don crusty for teh day.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Seamasterlux: I like the combo a lot. I don't know if it is the angle of the pic but the trousers look a bit skinny? The upper part looks nice but the flow to the legs, don't know how to say it... like a funnel effect. But maybe my eye is tricking me.
lol8[1].gif

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Camera shy right pocket flap and the infamous navy tie.
I like all of this but the shoes and the skin tight pants. I think it could be worn better. But a delightful combo.

The wide lapels are pretty neat.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score

@Seamasterlux: I like the combo a lot. I don't know if it is the angle of the pic but the trousers look a bit skinny? The upper part looks nice but the flow to the legs, don't know how to say it... like a funnel effect. But maybe my eye is tricking me.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
It's indeed the slim fit of J Crew chinos so you saw it right. I don't consider it shocking but it might be a matter of taste. Thanks for the compliment and the opinion on the trousers ;-)

McBindle

Reaction score
I like all of this but the shoes and the skin tight pants. I think it could be worn better. But a delightful combo.

The wide lapels are pretty neat.

Thank you for the compliment. The trousers are 10" at mid-thigh and taper to 7.5" at the cuff. I have had trouble with trouser fit because I like a high(er) rise that fits on or very slightly above the natural waist. Finding this with a narrower leg is difficult at my height without breaking the bank. The tyranny of the ubiquity of the low rise trouser! I have researched the luxire offerings and they seem a reasonable price for those requirements, so hopefully soon.
That being said, I will incorporate your and ACS's suggestions and try a variation on this fit for the coming work week.
I appreciate the feedback.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. The trousers are 10" at mid-thigh and taper to 7.5" at the cuff. I have had trouble with trouser fit because I like a high(er) rise that fits on or very slightly above the natural waist. Finding this with a narrower leg is difficult at my height without breaking the bank. The tyranny of the ubiquity of the low rise trouser! I have researched the luxire offerings and they seem a reasonable price for those requirements, so hopefully soon.
That being said, I will incorporate your and ACS's suggestions and try a variation on this fit for the coming work week.
I appreciate the feedback.
I think you have a hard time finding it because it shouldn't exist.

No offense. And if you took that blazer to the tailor, inquiring about waist suppression, it would probably yield great results with little coinage lost.

Also, as far as AAS on the lapels - it's a personal opinion on AAS. If you look at his fits, he tends to go towards the smaller lapels. Your wide ones are definitely wider than normal, but there's nothing really wrong with that. It's a less formal look but definitely a good look. I would vary it up. Maybe the next one, get smaller lapels.

Last edited:

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Friday Challenge today is "crazy shoes" and, as the definition of "crazy" was nothing in a conventional color, or, exempted from that, exotic leathers, which left me with the selection of a pair of navy suede bucks (not crazy, IMHO), or today's boots (ostrich leg).

As I've not worn these boots in months, it's good to get back into them, and I think that they work (after a fashion) with what I've paired with them. Or, perhaps, I'm merely crazy.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Drakes
PS - BB
Cufflinks - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Boots - can't remember the brand name . . .

Nice, as often. But the boots are too shiny for this ensemble.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Summers greatest hits.

Vintage MTM linen suit
Borrelli shirt
RL gingham tie
Simonnot Godard rainbow plaid cotton PS
Hierbas de Ibiza
Gaziano & Girling "Nice"

Nice colours, but is the suit MTM for you? I don't like the sleeveheads. They don't seem to fit you as they are too wide and could need to be recut. It might be the the picture, and it can maybe look better from an other angel.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Crusty & Spoo, very well done! Interesting choice of footwear Crusty.

I've been trying to put together a decent looking shirt/tie combo for this suit forever. I'd appreciate some feedback on the final decision. It ain't easy wearing green. :alien: I'd actually like to pair this jacket with some navy or tan pants some day.

All cotton suit is from Barneys (who makes their in house stuff?). Made in Italy
Tie BB

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those pants fit you pretty great. Aim for that!

Goes without saying that it's a great fit all around. As usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads