• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nice but dull for SB. Lighten the suit a touch, put the colour back in his tie, and make the PS burgundy.

And then try a navy suit.

If that's alright. :D
Lol, I didn't change anything about the tie, it's still the original colour. Can't be bothered to change the PS, it's too much work, but here's navy for you:

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is love, no need to spoil.
@MonkeyFace: Nice jacket, really liked it.

@Estitchy: getting ready to race Spoo?
biggrin.gif

It's been cold in Mexico City these days and on Saturday we experienced an earthquake that scared me a lot, I don't get scared easily by earthquakes but this one was not cool. So I don't want to be cold today. Also I didn't shave.
lol8[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost forgot, another shot from yesterday. :slayer:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^i still say you shouldve kopped. id rock the **** out of that on a night out.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we did! and some others were there too! and we had great steaks! and we sang and danced! it was a sight for the ages!

Somehow, my Shiraz must have been stronger than I had first imagined - the steaks I remember, the singing and dancing I'm a bit more iffy on. As for "a sight for the ages", were we singing and dancing, wouldn't that have been more like "a shonda for the neighbors", or do you have terpsichorean talents hidden from the eyes of ordinary mortals, boychik?

Jus' askin' . . .

Next time, Tirailleur, definitely to be invited . . .

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually on board...in its context...until I saw that the shirt had a different colored pocket too.
Really?
Ouch. Sorry to say, but I would have no fun wearing that shirt.
Respect.
Those shirts ******* suck.
Thanks for the constructive criticism.
You are in desperate need of a woven belt and a Jiffy steamer. Pants are also a bit wide for this outfit. The light shirting gives the appearance of being bottom heavy.
The lighting in that picture is terrible. It's like that episode of Seinfeld. The pants are linen. They tend to wrinkle. I don't think a steamer would help given that I had worn them all day. I'm not photoshoot fresh.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Speaking of ties, I recently picked up this Drakes that I had been coveting for a couple of years. I don't think I did so hot with it today:

If you just don't like the tie, that's fine, but I'd prefer to hear from those who have suggestions on better pairings.

Great tie. The dots really "pop" making a nice graphic/geometric statement. But you are right, it isn't working with that suit.

Try:
1) Navy blazer
2) Ivory linen jacket

I would avoid pin stripes and windowpane patterns but I bet it would look sensational with a solid colored herringbone weave fabric.

I would wear it with a solid colored probably white PS. The pattern is strong enough that I don't think you want to compete with it.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

almost forgot, another shot from yesterday. :slayer:

When you showed us the photo on your phone, the jacket looked to be pure yellow, but on my monitor now, it's a little more like chartreuse - which is correct? A VERY powerful color to tame down into a 'fit, boychik - it may still be there when you next come to NYC . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads