• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate boat shoes, too.

we agree!!! :inlove:

boat shoes and a suit? what the **** man. even i wouldnt do that. But i love my sperrys with shorts or denim. **** you.

it was hilarious. also, between his clothing, glasses and haircut he looked like a stereotypical nerd from the 80s it was awesome.

for some reason despite my general dislike for boat shoes, some of the blue topsider i like for very casual wear. like with shorts and a tee shirt.

like these.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
i think i hate all boat shoes.

Righteous words. With occasional exemption for actual boats, or green socks and corduroys while reading the paper in your conservatory, if you're a bit of an old fart.
I hate boat shoes, too.
Good.
boat shoes and a suit? what the **** man. even i wouldnt do that. But i love my sperrys with shorts or denim. **** you.
Shorts, yes. Which reminds me: it's only "yes" because it's the same rules for shorts: shorts are only for boats and beaches. So **** YOU. By the way, you look nice today. Just maybe one contrasting item - navy PS? Green tie? would have raised you beyond pleasant vanilla.
Her friend found soem faux-leather faded sperrys that were red, green and beige and said I'd look great in them. What. The. ****.
Yes.
Anything boat shoes can do, loafers can do better.
Yes. subject to the rules of shorts/socklessness described previously. Otherwise it's "would you rather be shot or stabbed?".

Edit: Stitchy what the ****?! NO! Plastic-soled canvas boat shoes? I do hope you're trolling. Burn them!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mrjester, i have 2 ferrari hats and 0 ferrari cars. dont even care. :)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Those are your "President of the Spoo Fan Club" hats, presumably. Both Kiton MTM.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noap. got em long ago from the ferrari website. i love em.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take the seemingly unpopular view of liking boatshoes. I practically live in them during the summer. Grew up wearing them, and havent had any reason to stop. :hide:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually prefer this combo to your entry in last week's contest. Excellent.

Our run of great weather continues, and it's time to have some flashy fun in the sun. And, you'll note, all solids, therefore - if I'm allowed to submit a fit a day early - eligible for this week's contest.
devil.gif

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Wahaha! Fierce, HF, I like it.

You have a knack for producing combinations that provoke a smile while not quite drawing laughter.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wahaha! Fierce, HF, I like it.

You have a knack for producing combinations that provoke a smile while not quite drawing laughter.
smile.gif

*sniff* *holds back tears* I think that's teh nicest sartorial-related comment anyone's ever said to me... *sniff* *sniff*

Seriously though, that's generally what I try to shoot for most days, even if sometimes the only person smiling is me.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

FillW

Reaction score
I actually prefer this combo to your entry in last week's contest. Excellent.

Our run of great weather continues, and it's time to have some flashy fun in the sun. And, you'll note, all solids, therefore - if I'm allowed to submit a fit a day early - eligible for this week's contest.
devil.gif

SMtWsiN.jpg
What happened to the trademark smile, Holdfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads