1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

@Claghorn , this is a very perceptive comment, which I hope @eviltimeban takes seriously. I've noticed this too (and mentioned it before). I think it backs up what you said (at least I think it was you) about it being easier in some ways to wear a suit well, because you can get away with not having to think about the coherence issue between top and bottom. But it seems clear to me that coherence is an issue in a lot of your fits, eviltimeban - it's quite often, nicely-fitting business suit with a seemingly randomly-chosen tie. It's not that this tie is a bad tie (unlike a few others!) - it's fine - but the tie does not work with the suit, the reason being the informal, almost summery, colour and the slubbiness, when the suit calls for something smoother, neater and less casual. Or alternatively, as Claghorn suggests, a more casual SC-based outfit to go with the tie.

@ridethecliche , I was almost losing all hope of ever saying this to you but, looking good! That is so much better in terms of getting some basics right. Some people will object to blue trousers, but I'm not one of them. You might also have gone for a more casual tie, but again, that's not a deal-breaker here. This is something to build on.

3. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Too little, too late (for Friday's challenge)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. mimo

mimo Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  5. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

6. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

@mimo
    Have you ever tried or considered trimming your lower jaw beard closer to the jaw line? Believe it could nicely counter your fuller cheeks (no offense!) and look younger, iykwim.

7. mimo

mimo Senior member

I don't like that, makes the neck look fat(ter!). Anyway, I'm 42 next month, and my beloved is 24 the following month. I guess I'm young enough. [​IMG]

No offence taken. :)

2 people like this.
  8. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Mimo you know you are violating the well-established half your age + seven years rule, right? :sly:

2 people like this.
  9. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mimo, thats outstanding [​IMG]

20 people like this.
  10. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

well, he's gonna hit that ratio in 8 years, give or take. ;D

Lol:
    "Christine is 25, Donald is 43. Christine thinks she might be too young for Donald, so she reverses the half-your-age-plus-seven rule (36). This is an unacceptable relationship."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. mimo

mimo Senior member

Thanks for the comments and thumb-love.

Pingson, I was kind of regretting saying that as soon as I hit it...too much sharing? Anyway, she's remarkable. :)

DeSense, that made me chuckle: I was working out exactly that arithmetic when I read Professor P's reply, and with the same mental image of a school maths exam!

1 person likes this.
  12. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Nah, I'm just ribbing you, I am in fact in a rather similar situation - I'm (soon) 45 and my wife is 31 (but note that I pass the rule with a whole year to spare ;) )

1 person likes this.
  13. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

You look like the spitting image of an ex-colleague of mine a few years back when he was ~42.
    As for neck look fat(ter), have you asked for second opinions? The beloved one? Because I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    (working on "a" developing double chin is of course another trinket altogether.)

14. eviltimeban

eviltimeban Senior member

15. mimo

mimo Senior member

Yeah but Noodles is only 25 or something. Not that I'm judging you.

1 person likes this.
  16. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

I'm ashamed to admit I had to do that manually. Still working on the solution, somewhat 24+x = (42+x):2 +7 ... [​IMG]

PS: Got it: above [-24: x = (42+x):2 -17 = x/2 +4 [x2, -x : x = 8)

17. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

:crackup:

Ask Tits for help, he's a math professor if I remember correctly...... :teach:

Well, enough math for now - today is kind of a meh.. day, had no inspiration getting dressed this morning....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16 people like this.
  18. mimo

mimo Senior member

That's great. SF quiz: "How many years before mimo's relationship becomes respectable?"

People are getting to work in the morning and finding even more "WTF?!" than usual....sorry for starting this!

1 person likes this.
  19. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

That's the beauty of SF :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  20. mimo

mimo Senior member

Here's another one: if she was exactly half my age when we met, how much of a danger am I to children long have we been together?

Soon I will go to speak to her father. He has more than one firearm and his own law firm. Keep the pictures for posterity, chaps...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.