• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NYI - that SC is amazing.

Nick - that suit is fantastic. enjoy the watch!

I like your choice of colors, very vibrant and modern.

HOLY NECRO QUOTE BATMAN!!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I'm wearing today. I wasn't goint to use a SC, but yesterday my tailor brought me the SC he took to do some alterations, so I was eager to use it. I think he needs to reduce a bit the chest.

Last edited:

Billionairef

Reaction score
Greetings all, it's been a while since I dropped by to learn and/or post something....here's what I'm wearing today....Enjoy your weekend!

Victor Elfo

Reaction score

Really liked the fit, without the outerwear!
In my opinion, when donning an outerwear with a suit, it should extend past your suit jacket. Also, the shirt is made of which cloth? I'm not very versed on cloths and I'd like to know more about which shirtings are adequate for which neckties.
Thank you for posting a great fit that could inspire those questions, at least on me.

The photograph is less then optimal, but, in my opinion, the chest is fine as is. Yes, it lacks of shape, but that's a RTW, right?
Honestly, it's so columnar that I can't give you any advises on possibles alterations that would make this jacket more flattering to my aesthetics. However, if it had chest shape, I'm sure that some would be fond of your jacket's silhouette.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today definately looks like spring, and I tend to run so warm that I've directly switched to linen mode.

mtm holland & sherry blazer (intercity book)
emidio tucci linen bd shirt
e. & g. cappelli tie
richard james hank
mtm pents from god-knows-who-makes-it cloth
hudson tan suede loafers (not pictured, need to get carmina replacements for those)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Betelgeuse - its a nice jacket, but needs some shape. maybe a little in in the chest and some in the waist. as is it looks pretty boxy.

Diaz - noice fit. fantastic pants.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The photograph is less then optimal, but, in my opinion, the chest is fine as is. Yes, it lacks of shape, but that's a RTW, right?
Honestly, it's so columnar that I can't give you any advises on possibles alterations that would make this jacket more flattering to my aesthetics. However, if it had chest shape, I'm sure that some would be fond of your jacket's silhouette.

Betelgeuse - its a nice jacket, but needs some shape. maybe a little in in the chest and some in the waist. as is it looks pretty boxy.

I didn't want to alter the chest because of the fear it might limit the motion. But it might need to be a bit reduced.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Victor - "Really liked the fit, without the outerwear!
In my opinion, when donning an outerwear with a suit, it should extend past your suit jacket. Also, the shirt is made of which cloth? I'm not very versed on cloths and I'd like to know more about which shirtings are adequate for which neckties.
Thank you for posting a great fit that could inspire those questions, at least on me."

Regarding the outerwear - I don't personally mind the length. To each his own right?

The shirt is a Thomas Mason silver line twill I believe. Its a prototype for a new Eidos collar style I'm testing, so the factory just made it in a fabric they had available. I'd say a pale blue twill shirt like this serves as a neutral ground for really any fall necktie fabric.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick
Great suit! Hope to see it in your fall line up. You should cross post that watch in the watch appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads