• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
[/IMG]
DSCF6547.jpg

These boots! What are they??

mikemas22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
Alright. This is when totally relaxed and standing straight. Usually the fit problems appear in the shoulder/back area. Sometimes I can pull the item on, but once I start to move my shoulders/arms I feel extreme strain in the back, and then I buy a size bigger.

Paging VOX!

howardu09

Reaction score
You're definitely one of the best dressed on the forum. Always a pleasure to see your ensemble.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I've been having the occasional flick through the thread and in between the usual rubbish about bukkake and petty arguements (I see nothing changes) there have been some pretty good looks.

Haven't posted in a while through silly work pressures, but here's today's:

20101101_main.jpg

mikemas22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
Alright. This is when totally relaxed and standing straight. Usually the fit problems appear in the shoulder/back area. Sometimes I can pull the item on, but once I start to move my shoulders/arms I feel extreme strain in the back, and then I buy a size bigger.

OK, this is pretty good. But in order for me and the other members to be able to help you out we would need to see your legs too as there are many fit issues with your trousers.

ndw

Reaction score
This is really nice. Love the green sweater with the gray tie.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
a748b39e.jpg

Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
hmm I disagree. They don't look like a G&G last/heel at all and everything from the overlap of the straps, the buckles, the suede colour and the toe box shape look like the grensons that I had. I just wish the ebay auction wasn't over 90 days so I could link to it.

^Lee was right. They are Narvell's by g&g for ralph lauren.

Surreal;3757244 said:
...QUOTE]

^ please don't do this anymore.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Urban That tie is Out of This World!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
These boots! What are they??

Read. The. *******. Thread.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
P1040999.jpg

^Suit looks great and digging the suede! I would have gone with a solid or regimental stripe tie. Can't give much advice on the ps cause that ain't my thing.

Originally Posted by mikemas22
OK, this is pretty good. But in order for me and the other members to be able to help you out we would need to see your legs too as there are many fit issues with your trousers.

^I don't know if you are trying to be funny, but no one wants to see this dude's physique. Please stop or have him PM you the photos if you are really into that.

mikemas22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^I don't know if you are trying to be funny, but no one wants to see this dude's physique. Please stop or have him PM you the photos if you are really into that.

Why does seeing the guy's nice physique bother you that much? What is it called..... denial? :p

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Just Monkeying around
peepwall[1].gif

today is a New Day...

Fit_110110_01.jpg
Fit_110110_02.jpg

Fit_110110_03.jpg
Fit_110110_04.jpg

Fit_110110_05.jpg

For those of you who equate violent colour schemes with elegance I'll try to explain why those outfits and this above - the polar opposite - are beyond constructive criticism, but first a little background.
Yes, I like subdued colours, as evidenced by my quoting edmorel's navy jacket and grey tie. But it's more than just navy and grey. It is the quality of the cut and the fabric which makes it stand out, much more so than just wearing bright hues. And you can't just take a navy coat and grey tie and make it look like Ed's. I understand these are expensive clothes so that's clearly a problem.
In this vein I admire the standard Italian code, or Neopoletan to be specific. And I don't mean the garish rubbish you see in MensEx or Leon. Look at Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo or Lamborghini's Stephan Winkelmann (German but Italian in dress) for examples.
If you must have colour, look at Luciano Barbera, he does it better than most.
I've always found inspiration in Cary Grant (mainly) and Fred Astaire. If you think they dressed poorly there is truly no hope for you. (I think most of you who have directed vitriol at me will have to google these last two gentlemen to understand what I am talking about)

Spoozy is beyond criticism because you would have to ditch the entire outfit in my view. A few minor suggestions here and there would be completely ineffectual.
Pandarts - sorry, but you are in the same boat, at the other end of the scale. That shirt is just ugly, the tie looks like something from Target, the jacket appears to be part of an ordinary suit and the shoes are mediocre at best. And can you actually tell the time on that watch?
So I can't just say change this or that, unless I take aim at someone like Nii who always manages to stuff up a reasonable look with an inappropriate pocket square or some other item which throws it all out of kilter.
Take it or leave it, I don't really care. The older members here know what I mean, the newer ones are beyond advice, so why bother?
You have a good idea of what appeals to me so there is really no point in posting a lot of photos - they'd all look like variations of Ed's pic.
Cary Grant always said the simpler you dress the more elegant you will look - but what would he know? Who was this dude anyway?

Sincerely D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads