• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
bf16fc56.jpg

I like the dashing touch that the sprinkled pattern pocket square adds to the solid brown tie. The wide stripes on the shirt are classy.

BBC

Reaction score
uyrt003.jpg

uyrt013.jpg
uyrt014.jpg

uyrt010.jpg

DARTS!
blush.gif
(hopefully I don't lose my membership card)
Oxxford airforce blue with pinstripe 2B darted suit
PRL shirt
Robert Talbott tie
BB navy otc
J&M Aristocrafts
Burberry trench - the heat finally broke yesterday and it's been raining since.

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
IMG_1514.jpg

I love this. Great look, and dog.
Originally Posted by luftvier
Not that I really cared about the Eagles before, but I wish them complete failure from now on. I can forgive most crimes. But dogfighting's not one on my list of forgiveables, and i won't support a team that lets a ************* like him QB. And he is a *************, I don't care how good his arm is. I hope Vick blows out both his knees and can never play again.
Good to know someone's on the same page as me in this topic.
cheers.gif
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Tell us how you really feel!
laugh.gif
Philadelphia sports fans suck. A buddy of mine was telling me a story from when he was a kid living in the Philly suburbs. The VET was closing and one of the local news telecasts was doing a montage of great memories from the dump. They actually had a piece from a guy who remembered tailgating with his pals, and seeing a guy go into a porter potty who was wearing a Detroit Lions jersey, and then he and his buddies flipped it over while he was inside. I don't know what speaks worse about Philly sports fans, that this happened or that the local news listed it as a top VET memory.
facepalm.gif

lol8[1].gif
that's philly fans for ya. My aunt at age 40 or so got the sh*t beat out her (not as funny) at a cowboys/eagles game for wearing a cowboys jersey... they waited till my uncle left for the restroom or something.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Shades of Grey

62461_532689683796_35500033_31513736_134474_n.jpg

I'm not surprised this raised some conflicting perspectives from various posters. Personally, I think it's a win. The colours work together, and the fit is pretty clean too. For drinks with some friends, or a similar sort of evening setting, I think it works very well indeed.

Congratulations to mjHession for winning the "Security Guard" challenge!

His choice of the next weeks contest will be announced shortly.

Nice.

Originally Posted by yfyf
YFYF-2010-09-27-re.jpg

The watery colours here work great together. Beautiful palette.

Damp, drizzly, overcast day requiring a bit of warmth, so out comes the flannel. The cut of this suit is not my favourite (it makes me look even more squat & rectangular than I actually am!), but I do love the fabric.

sept27002.jpg
sept27001.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ridiculously early meeting with the CEO...Mrs. Spoo tuckered out from making bracelets all night, so only self shots.
smile.gif

bf16fc56.jpg

70197cb7.jpg

Nice and somber. I like.

Originally Posted by BBC
uyrt003.jpg

uyrt013.jpg
uyrt014.jpg

uyrt010.jpg

DARTS!
blush.gif
(hopefully I don't lose my membership card)
Oxxford airforce blue with pinstripe 2B darted suit
PRL shirt
Robert Talbott tie
BB navy otc
J&M Aristocrafts
Burberry trench - the heat finally broke yesterday and it's been raining since.

Gods of the sack, smite thee!!!!!
laugh.gif

Looking good, Lord Tradamort.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Damp, drizzly, overcast day requiring a bit of warmth, so out comes the flannel. The cut of this suit is not my favourite (it makes me look even more squat & rectangular than I actually am!), but I do love the fabric.

sept27002.jpg
sept27001.jpg

What a fabric...what lapels!

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monsoonal Monday. Not because NOLA is under a Monsoon...but because of the Monsoonal development zone north of Central America that is supposed to spawn 3-4 storms, that will all track into South Florida. Will it happen? I don't know. It is spinning up Nicole right now, I say by the end of the week we will have our first significant CONUS landfall of the year. We will see.

The Saints lost to the damn Falcons. Aside from the Cowgirls, I really hate the Falcons. But, when you turn it over 3 times and your usually DBA kicker shanks a short yardage kick that would have won the game, you deserve to lose.

Ok, moving on. It is actually really nice today. Cool air has moved through and we will be enjoying a brief respite, I am sure.

More fall themes from me.

888-2.jpg

888-3.jpg

888-4.jpg

888-5.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Not that I really cared about the Eagles before, but I wish them complete failure from now on.

I can forgive most crimes. But dogfighting's not one on my list of forgiveables, and i won't support a team that lets a ************* like him QB.

And he is a *************, I don't care how good his arm is. I hope Vick blows out both his knees and can never play again.

Originally Posted by mjHession
Good to know someone's on the same page as me in this topic.
cheers.gif

get off your high horses ...

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

now to more important things ... some REALLY nice looks today as it gets cooler ...

Ridiculously early meeting with the CEO...Mrs. Spoo tuckered out from making bracelets all night, so only self shots.
smile.gif

i like what i see Spoo. you got a sweat shop in the crib now with Mrs Spoo churning out bracelets huh?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
img_1682.jpg

you stand in the shadow of the greatest to ever do it ... not a bad place to be. and clean casual fit also.

Originally Posted by BBC
uyrt013.jpg
uyrt014.jpg

you are so consistently good with your trad looks. not my style, but i really appreciate how you put it together and do so consistently. nuff respect.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
sept27002.jpg

that is a REALLY awesome suit HF. i like it a lot.

Originally Posted by gregaz
DSC_4844.jpg

Very nice Greg ... the tie pulls out the overcheck in the jacket really well. maybe a light blue shirt ... the white shirt gives a really stark background ... but that is super-minor nitpicking.

where are you now? great background

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so yesterday maybe I was overreaching. I am also thinking that I have way too many sportcoats with too-small chests and too-big shoulders. I shall work on that, but for now, today's (simpler) look:

2010-09-27.jpg

BB "Regent" navy blazer
Zegna pale pink textural shirt
Tom Ford brown cords
C&J Chelsea boots

Critiques please! How do I look? What would you change?

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Actually, as the day went on it developed the "Barims Droop" and was less perfect.
smile.gif

Mike

Respect the Droop. The Droop will set you (sartorially) free

blackbowtie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor

My Corgi and I.

IMG_1514.jpg

I'm the first to admit that I'm too prissy about playing with animals while wearing a suit - can't get all that dog/cat hair on the suit now, can we?

But more to the point - congrats on pulling off this look.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corporate Visit Monday ...

Deets ...
838da0b5.jpg

Clothes in motion ...
bf0b80b2.jpg

Let's smile for Michael Vick ... a rehabilitated man doing what he loves ...
461d3339.jpg

Was running out of time ... should have gone with the tan briefcase
984934c0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads