• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Member pictures

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Jovan, I think the lapels are fine as part of a casual outfit with a t-shirt like the one you're wearing (although the t-shirt and tailored jacket thing is not one I pesonally do). Can't say, though, how they would look with a dress shirt and/or tie - in that context, the lapels could possibly look a little too overtly mod-ish.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, LD. I kind of like the narrower lapels like Get Smart favours. I'll see if I can get a picture of me in that jacket with shirt and tie (not to mention with longer hair and goatee like I have now). Pat: It's not a suit, it's a navy casual jacket and indigo jeans.
tongue.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Sorry, but that was ages ago I said that. And someone corrected me way before you did. Welcome to the forums anyhow.
wink.gif

I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question.

BRIGHTERSTILL.jpg

Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.

Jovan-

It would be easier to ascertain if you were wearing a collared shirt and tie so we could see them in relation to the lapels. There also isn't a lot of contrast in the shot, so it's hard to see where the lapels begin and end.

scarmebb

Reaction score
You lack intelligence. Sorry. If you'd told me in a nice way why I look "ridiculous" and what I could do to improve, you'd get a much better first impression.
How would you know that I lack intelligence. You have absolutly no insight into my capacities.

You asked how you looked, and I told you what I thought. You are wearing a jacket that doesn't fit well with a mushroom shirt and standing in a dingy little bathroom with an ugly toilet paper holder and a towl rack that is obviously broken. Perhaps my explanation has helped you out.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts, LD. I kind of like the narrower lapels like Get Smart favours. I'll see if I can get a picture of me in that jacket with shirt and tie (not to mention with longer hair and goatee like I have now).

Pat: It's not a suit, it's a navy casual jacket and indigo jeans.
tongue.gif

I hear you. A lot of it has to do with context. I think getsmart's outfits are generally smokin', but my primary reference point is the legal/business world. It's in that context that I'm a bit leery of the super-narrow lapels. In the context in which getsmart wears his suits and perhaps you wear yours, I hold no brief against skinny lapels.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Perhaps my explanation has helped you out.
Perhaps I should tell you to **** off. I don't like your attitude, which you know is really great considering you've just started here.

Texel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarmebb
How would you know that I lack intelligence. You have absolutly no insight into my capacities.
We still have enough insight into your "capacities" in order to be able to agree with Jovan about your intelligence. Just because of people like you many users won't post pictures and prefer to stay anonymous.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question. Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.
Yes, I think narrow lapels suit your general skinny build and narrow facial shape very well; a very broad face looks odd on top of narrow lapels, I think. Longer (well, say "bigger") hair would have the effect of broadening your face to some extent. The jacket looks very good on you with short hair, and as long as the longer hair doesn't expand your head too much visually, I would think that it wouldn't matter much. The trim and pared-down look of narrow lapels is best matched by short hair, i think. Not feeling the T-shirt, but that's not the question here, is it?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarmebb

Well, you clearly have no capacity to give constructive criticism with the intention of being helpful.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jovan, the narrow lapels look good with your thin frame. There is no way that I would worry about those lapels looking too skinny. -1 on the ringer-t underneath though, but I have no beefs with the jacket. I think it would kick ass with a collared shirt with military touches, and a long dark grey plaid or tartan scarf.

Also, with a fancy camera like that, surely there is a self timer mode, yes?
smile.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I doubt it, Texel. I (and probably many on this forum) have dealt with people like him who freely swing around their e-dicks of thinly veiled assholism and then claim it was "just being honest" when people get upset.

EDIT: Thanks for the opinions, everyone. Like I said, I'll take a shot sometime with a shirt and tie so you can better see how it looks on me. Part of the intent of growing out my hair was to make my face look a little smaller... but we'll see. I do indeed have a timer on the camera, but no tripod and nothing in the house is at the right level for taking pictures of me standing up.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but that was ages ago I said that. And someone corrected me way before you did. Welcome to the forums anyhow.
wink.gif

I need an opinion... do narrow lapels look good on me? I offer a picture for the sake of the thread and the question.

Do note that I have longer hair now if it makes any difference. The lapel is about 2.75" wide.

Looks ok to me. Maybe you should post a pic with you straight-on. It is a little hard to tell with you at an angle what it looks like. As a casual look I think it is fine.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
That you don't mind spilling beer on these clothes says it all.

U are a riot!
worship.gif
Rock it hard Con, it won't last forever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads