• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Member pictures

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Jovan, I think the jacket's shape and overall style looks fine on you. The tshirt underneath is really throwing me off as it looks awful paired with that jacket. If you want to go with a tshirt, a striped one or even better, a striped crew neck sweater, would look soooo much better. I'm not sure a shirt/tie is the best choice for that jacket either...waitaminit actually I *can* picture it working...esp if you went with a thin-ish wool tie, not a silk business tie.

ultimately what I don't get (and this goes with some other 'critique what I'm wearing' pics) is when the poster asks for a critique, but doesnt wear everything in its right context. ie, your tshirt, but there have been other similar queries where the poster ultimately says something like "oh this isnt the shirt i would wear with this etc..." It's like, if you want a critique, get it all in the right context with the shirt, trousers, shoes etc you'd wear with it.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll get proper pictures! Soon! I just want to see if a narrow lapelled suit would be okay for me.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Jovan -

I think a narrow lapeled suit would be a good look for you, but I don't particularly care for the jacket you are wearing in the picture. Something is just throwing me about it, but I can't really express what it is.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
It's probably the pleated pockets. It's not really for wearing with dress shirts.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Narrow lapels should not have a great deal of roll. It makes them look even skimpier than they actually are. Also, the fronts are way too closed.

I would think about a more normal style of jacket if I were you. The mod look doesn't seem to fit your look or personality very well, but YMMV.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
You mean the "quarters"? Like I said, casual jacket. Perhaps I should just try Photoshopping a picture of me in some other suit to make the lapels smaller.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
You mean the "quarters"? Like I said, casual jacket. Perhaps I should just try Photoshopping a picture of me in some other suit to make the lapels smaller.
Fronts, quarters, whatever. I am not a tailor. I also realize that it is a casual jacket, but keep an eye out for it because your other Baron Boutique suit pictured has the exact same problem. You should let them know that it is a balance problem that should be fixed. More important is the fact that when you have a rolling narrow lapel it reads as 1.75" rather than 2.75". You are going to want something that lays pretty flat if you go that narrow.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Connemara. Representing the Style Forum with class and grace, 24/7.

Paul Smith light blue, seafoam green, dark blue, navy and grey variegated stripe shirt, sleeves rolled up
Banana Republic light blue with dark navy neckband and armbands t-shirt
Express distressed blue jeans
Chippewa "Norwegian welt" rainboots, kinda medium-brown
Matching generic leather belt.

stripperpole1kj2.jpg

And for the signature shot...apologies that the broads aren't of the usual calibre. Although, the one on my left isn't bad.

n284092973059706877181cy0.jpg

the girl on the right is hot

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarmebb
How would you know that I lack intelligence. You have absolutly no insight into my capacities.

You asked how you looked, and I told you what I thought. You are wearing a jacket that doesn't fit well with a mushroom shirt and standing in a dingy little bathroom with an ugly toilet paper holder and a towl rack that is obviously broken. Perhaps my explanation has helped you out.

Maybe it's just me, but when I am new some place I tend to respectful of the regulars. You might follow that bit of advice and be a bit more gentlemanly.

scarmebb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Maybe it's just me, but when I am new some place I tend to respectful of the regulars. You might follow that bit of advice and be a bit more gentlemanly.
Perhaps you are right, but I have read a lot of his posts and he seems like nothing more than a troll with an overly inflated opinion of his own taste or lack thereof. Perhaps if you read some of his posts you would come to the same conclusion.

There are a lot of people on here with very good taste, he is not one of them.

scarmebb

Reaction score
I am glad that you find me hilarious. I find many of your posts to be very, very funny as well, but generally the ones where you are trying to be serious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads