• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Jpmorris

Reaction score
LOL Wes, at this rate you'll figure out what they are sometime in 2013. I feel your pain though buddy. BTW are the shoes badass or what?

Dolfan954

Reaction score
I hear this is the place for label help! Been a lurker for awhile on the forum but registered not very long ago.

I tried doing my own research but I am a complete failure. I know what I really would like this label to mean, but just am not sure it means what it means.

Here are the only two labels on the sportcoat. Obviously the Jack Taylor one means it was tailor and purchased from "the" Jack Taylor, right? That "K" certainly looks like a famous K, but doesn't look like any of the labels I have seen.

Some details on the coat if it helps: Houndstooth, one button, working cuffs, patch pockets, and extremely soft.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I hear this is the place for label help! Been a lurker for awhile on the forum but registered not very long ago.

I tried doing my own research but I am a complete failure. I know what I really would like this label to mean, but just am not sure it means what it means.

Here are the only two labels on the sportcoat. Obviously the Jack Taylor one means it was tailor and purchased from "the" Jack Taylor, right? That "K" certainly looks like a famous K, but doesn't look like any of the labels I have seen.

Some details on the coat if it helps: Houndstooth, one button, working cuffs, patch pockets, and extremely soft.

Someone will need to back me up, but older Kiton?

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
That is what I was hoping for, as that K is so distinctively similar, but is it strange to not see the standard Kiton tag inside the jacket?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That is what I was hoping for, as that K is so distinctively similar, but is it strange to not see the standard Kiton tag inside the jacket?

Yeah, the K and the fact that the rest of the information matches (taglia, drop, etc.). It's possible that the Kiton tag was removed to be replaced with the Jack Taylor tag. That would be odd, as Kiton usually specifies which store a jacket was made, but I suppose it is a possibility.

pfhtrad

Reaction score
Looking for some info on these shoes.

I believe they are custom, made in Italy. They have Italian leather marks. Other than that they have double stitched soles with a storm welt, the soles are channeled, 1/3 rubber heel with a nail pattern of 3 nails outer-heel 4 nails inner-heel, no nails in the center that I can identify. The inside says "Espressamente per Harrison" in ink and that is all I have.

Any ideas?

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID the maker for these? I've skimmed through the thread based on what I could think of to search for, and half the pictures that turned up in my searches were dead links!

230.jpg

227.jpg

Thanks

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I like to pick up shoes with nails that I don't know....but this one really stumped me. Any help?

Really... no one? Someone help me out here
fistbump.gif

I've never seen a pair with the round circle in the heel. Figured that was a dead giveaway??

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Hello all,
I need some help identifying this BROOKS BROTHERS Sport Coat.
It is "Made in Italy", Composed of 85% Wool and 15% Cashmere with a Glen Plaid pattern.

Anyway, I guess what I want to know is what Brooks Brother's line this is from....and also, who makes their "Made in Italy" stuff...
Thanks in advance!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I need some help identifying this BROOKS BROTHERS Sport Coat.
It is "Made in Italy", Composed of 85% Wool and 15% Cashmere with a Glen Plaid pattern.

Anyway, I guess what I want to know is what Brooks Brother's line this is from....and also, who makes their "Made in Italy" stuff...
Thanks in advance!

Dude, I addressed this in the other thread. Mainline, Lardini.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads