• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermès selvage jeans

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dunno it didn't seem mind blowlingly expensive, and the denim was like 600 if I recall (i could be wrong...) The rest of everything is astronomically priced though, you are right... the funnel neck heavy wool coat was awesome at 3.5k and the shawl blazers or whatever are all like 2k ;(

What I meant by this is its just as pricey as everything else these days, as the economy gets worse everything goes up (!)

Vivek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
I think you gotta wear them to know. None of the Hermes outfit ever makes you look old. Sure it is sophisticated. You would be surprised to know Herme's even has toddlers clothing. Certainly it is not for shallow wallets.
I think you'll find I know plenty about Hermes, as I am a fan of their more off beat items, I own their Plume Depeche in Box in Cafe and a Haut A Courroies (spelling) 40cm in Navy Fjord leather. I also am an admirer of their scarves and cashmere items as they are in a league of their own. I know Hermes has toddlers clothing, but it isn't normal toddlers stuff, i've seen some of it, and it's very simplistic, stylized and sophisticated, very akin to the menswear. These attributes are what people usually associate with old, and that was my point
smile.gif
I've also worn and own a few pieces of the menswear, a plain black button up cardigan and a navy cashmere silk lined double breasted peacoat. They don't make me look old, neither do they come off as 'old' to me, but i've had people put forward their opinions otherwise (these by people that don't know what Hermes is)

VINSON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
May be not...

He's (PH) pretty old though (I don't mean this in a negative way, but he doesn't look his age which is great), so you kind of proved his point, not disputed it.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
I tried these on in the Hermes store in Sydney back in March - they are very similar to the APC NS

Originally Posted by VINSON
He's (PH) pretty old though (I don't mean this in a negative way, but he doesn't look his age which is great), so you kind of proved his point, not disputed it.

lol8[1].gif

I take it you must think the New Standard is an old men's cut, correct?

Attack the message, not the messenger...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
lets see the selvage
+1 Daskb -- let's see the selvage please!!!!!!! Turn up the cuffs and shoot pics of the leg openings...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mljones99
Here is a picture I took of the hermes jeans....
102023510.jpg

Nice!!! Thank you!!!!!

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a very cool selvage line!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm going to have to check those out sometime.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at that crappy flatstitch on the hem. Not that their is anything wrong with flat stitch but that **** looks like APC denim

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Look at that crappy flatstitch on the hem. Not that their is anything wrong with flat stitch but that **** looks like APC denim

so? you know chainstich is really not what its hyped up to be. Old machines..same strength..

Its just a different aesthetic, I think the flatstitch looks cleaner.

jactao

Reaction score
Just tried hermes jeans on. good light colored denim, nice stitching and hardware (hermes stamped). But the cut is for old men. not my cup of tea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads