• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few snaps taken over my recent staycations.
IMG_4203.jpg
IMG_4214.jpg
IMG_4223.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg
IMG_3782.jpg
IMG_3791.jpg
IMG_3964.jpg
IMG_3987.jpg
IMG_4058.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4492.jpg
IMG_3742.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4105.jpg
    IMG_4105.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good point about weather,we are getting much warmer Winters here and rain in Winter and Summer....
So rainproof jackets with detatchable linings are really useful, I have seen a Filson jacket in a sale online that looks as if it could be useful.
Filson is expensive here but I think that its made in USA (from British fabric) so I dont mind paying more than I would for made in China/Vietnam etc.
This one has a waist drawstring so the shape is better than some jackets of this type,I have been told to size down.
Anyone got any experience with Filson jackets ? quality ? sizing ? View attachment 1651195 View attachment 1651195
Well I bought the jacket after a lot of thought,mainly because I liked the colour .
Sizing was the biggest issue and I went down a size to my normal size and it is really fitted...
The colour is excellent,slightly darker than the picture,and I really like the handwarmer pockets that go behind the main pockets.
tbh the UK price was ridiculous imo and even though I got it at 30% off normal price it was still more than double the price of my Barbour Sapper.
Will try and get a picture wearing it sometime...
Watching Ebay for a black one now........

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Speaking of what the movie i am really waiting for is the new D U N E by Villeneuve. It was due to release next Xmas, but with the recent events, it might be delayed...
Might be digressing a bit though...
I’m really looking forward to that as well. Want to see Nolan’s Tenet as well.

Well i've Seen D U N E yesterday (it was first released in France, two days ago) and i've got mixed feelings about it, maybe i was waiting for it too much.
I was really impressed by the book, so i think i could only be disappointed with the movie (like i was with David Lynch's version).
It would be interesting to have the opinion of someone who didn't read the book that could give an objective review of the film.
While i liked Villeneuve cold futuristic aesthetics in his Blade Runner 2049, i didn't like it this time, i had a warmer mood and atmosphere in mind. Some great scenes though, and i din't see the 2 hours and 35 minutes pass...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting lots of use out of new Ring Jacket sport coat in their almost see-through Balloon fabric. Canali shirt and tie with Isaia pants. It’s still very hot here.
5D8CB11C-D7BE-4AC1-9F68-BAA1B80E0873.jpeg

xeoniq

Reaction score
Well i've Seen D U N E yesterday (it was first released in France, two days ago) and i've got mixed feelings about it, maybe i was waiting for it too much.
I was really impressed by the book, so i think i could only be disappointed with the movie (like i was with David Lynch's version).
It would be interesting to have the opinion of someone who didn't read the book that could give an objective review of the film.
While i liked Villeneuve cold futuristic aesthetics in his Blade Runner 2049, i didn't like it this time, i had a warmer mood and atmosphere in mind. Some great scenes though, and i din't see the 2 hours and 35 minutes pass...

I didn't have high hopes for the new Dune. I regard Villeneuve's Enemy and Prisoners as some of the best films of that decade but the 2017 version of Blade Runner was a mess. I don't blame him entirely for that as I know that when a studio spends the money buying into franchises there must be so many compromises forced upon the director and I expected the same from the new Dune. I won't even bother seeing it I think. I hope Villeneuve gets the chance to direct a film where he gets a bit more control in the future.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Interesting

Byrone

Reaction score
Interesting
No entry so far, and the deadline is friday !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads