• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Nice find ! How is the fit?
Pleasantly surprised ! Simply Described as « regular » by Uniqlo, it has Helmut Lang DNA (and look, all tags, buttons, just say Helmut Lang): cut is said to be inspired by old vintage Levi’s. Indeed it reminds me a lot of the shape of my LVC 1962 551zxx. The rise is described as Mid but I find it pretty High, it’s roomy but tapering at the legs, and detailing and back pockets look the same, and I even have the impression it is the same thickness (14 oz). I was lucky as it was one of the last available.

c84994ff-9f3a-4d56-b53e-bc20eb175d0a.jpeg

LVC And Helmut Lang

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Berwick loafer not that one. Well made, good value - but in summer I am more likely to wear desert boots or wallabies.

The brogues are interesting. I would quite like a C&J Pembroke in dark scotch grain but they are rather expensive and I have enough shoes anyway.

Winter rain means veldtschoen boots and shoes come out with ski socks. Klemen padror too despite the squeaky soles.

You are doing well to be still working.
This was really an autumn round-up, but some of these will be worn on fine winter days and some, like the weejuns are more or less year-round.

Yes, I am lucky to still be working and enjoying it. No longer full-time...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised ! Simply Described as « regular » by Uniqlo, it has Helmut Lang DNA (and look, all tags, buttons, just say Helmut Lang): cut is said to be inspired by old vintage Levi’s. Indeed it reminds me a lot of the shape of my LVC 1962 551zxx. The rise is described as Mid but I find it pretty High, it’s roomy but tapering at the legs, and detailing and back pockets look the same, and I even have the impression it is the same thickness (14 oz). I was lucky as it was one of the last available.

View attachment 2086123
LVC And Helmut Lang
That looks like a great find! You do seem to have good luck with Uniqlo. Do you normally find these items online or in store?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
That looks like a great find! You do seem to have good luck with Uniqlo. Do you normally find these items online or in store?
The EG jacket is in store at the moment. I bought it in a parisian store.
The Helmut Lang jeans are from an older collab. I remember I saw them in the shop last year, they caught my eye, but I found them too expensive. Then the other day I wanted black dry/raw denim and didn’t find much options, finally had a look online at Uniqlo and they were in a sale. Et voilà.
I always keep an eye on Qlo, but they are far from being as good as they used to be, I now only buy items from their collabs, where there are some gems sometimes.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Winter sales, any finds guys? So far only bought socks at Muji ! Nothing of interest TBH. Or rather the interesting items are not in the sales (where I live).

I’ve seen (not in sales) that black FP OCBD that I quite like. Would have been better with a tonal logo, but it’s of course a nod to a classic.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter sales, any finds guys? So far only bought socks at Muji ! Nothing of interest TBH. Or rather the interesting items are not in the sales (where I live).

I’ve seen (not in sales) that black FP OCBD that I quite like. Would have been better with a tonal logo, but it’s of course a nod to a classic.

Found some sportswear items from Left Hand and ST-95(Christopher Raeburn’s relaunched Massimo Osti’s cult labels) on the cheap, as well as a bit of 7L. Mostly overshirts, layering, some outerwear, all stuff good for travel, lots of zips and pockets. All very Massimo Osti inspired, but relatively cheap due to end-of-season sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads