• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Photos from a few weeks ago out celebrating our wedding anniversary.
Suit Paul Smith.
shirt and tie Brooks Brothers.
shoes Prada from about 25 years ado View attachment 1974827 View attachment 1974829 View attachment 1974831
This Paul Smith suit looks really nice. Always wanted to buy one from him. Now (since Covid) that I only have a few occasions to wear a suit, I don’t think I will ever have one. Only got two suits (!), one for spring/summer and one for autumn/winter. Don’t have many quality jackets (or sport coats like they say on SF) either.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Yorky.
Looking great, but where is Mrs Yorky (ha I suppose she took the pictures. I also suppose she was very chic too) ?
This Paul Smith suit looks really nice. Always wanted to buy one from him. Now (since Covid) that I only have a few occasions to wear a suit, I don’t think I will ever have one. Only got two suits (!), one for spring/summer and one for autumn/winter. Don’t have many quality jackets (or sport coats like they say on SF) either.
It was a really good sales buy £150 from £600+.
I bought it for a black tie wedding later in the year, l didn’t, want to get or like the traditional black tie garb, and no longer havea black suit so I thought it would do the job. Really nice material and made in Italy, only 2 buttons but hey I’m not a 20 year old mod anymore.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It was a really good sales buy £150 from £600+.
I bought it for a black tie wedding later in the year, l didn’t, want to get or like the traditional black tie garb, and no longer havea black suit so I thought it would do the job. Really nice material and made in Italy, only 2 buttons but hey I’m not a 20 year old mod anymore.
This is a real bargain !

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the Massimo Dutti linen / cotton / wool DB blazer for the first time this season ( I believe @Yorky has one too). BTW Yorky, I really like the PS suit. What a great bargain and belated congratulations!

IMG_0649.jpeg
Informal Friday 06 23 deets.jpeg
IMG_0650.jpeg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice look @Mr Knightley, what are those trousers?

Just seen those sta prest in a Levi’s flagship store. The cut isn’t too bad,
but there is some « stretch » material in it.

View attachment 1976385 View attachment 1976387 View attachment 1976389
Thanks mate. My trousers are unlike anything else I have. Made by a French company (I believe) called Bruno St Hilaire, they have a fairly ‘formal’ look but are nearly all man-made fabric - a bit like the old Farah trousers I had in the past.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Semi-formal look when it's hot. Are short sleeve shirts acceptable with jackets/blazer ? What brands ?
I think the rule (but rules are made to be broken) is not to wear a SS shirt in a formal or semi-formal way, as with a SC/Blazer you have to wear a LS shirt with a little cuff showing.
But it is something I do from time to time when it’s warm. A short sleeve shirt with a jacket, but I usually don’t wear a tie then.

SS shirts Brands. I have some from many different brands, but I would say my 3 favorites « semi formal » are a white GANT poplin, a white Gitman Vintage poplin, and a blue Brutus OCBD.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Red Sea Rig of course, no jacket!
Ok but if i understand correctly the question it’s when you have to wear a jacket ?
In that case (very warm weather, semi-formal) I would wear :
Linen jacket (or suit)
Ss poplin thin shirt (tie optional)
Light Chinos
Loafers without a tie, light Derbies otherwise.

Just remember I also have a very thin white Ben Sherman ss shirt, perfect when it’s hot.

Madras etc are not in the equation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads