• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me save my jeans, Styleforum

fudgebutt

Reaction score
After many aborted attempts at raw denim mastery, I decided to get a semi-prewashed jean. I went to a local store and fell in love with Nudie Big Bengt Dark Crinkles, thrilled to find a jean that would fit comfortably over my bigass bodybuilder's quads and ass.

THE PROBLEM:

Unfortunately they only had 34x34's, which led to immense stacking. After having them hemmed. I think they're the best-fitting jean I've ever owned. So the FIT is perfect, but here comes the problem:

The knees of the jeans are pre-faded, with light patches over the knees. Of course, the jeans were purchased 2" too long, meaning the fade position is positioned too low on the leg. I've attached a pic of the problem - although my pair doesn't stack as much, the fade position is still too low.

It's amazing how something so trivial is driving me up the goddamn wall. I know that no one really gives a shit or will even notice, but knowing that my expensive otherwise-perfect jeans are flawed is too goddamn aggravating.

THE SOLUTION:
The indigo is very "loose" on these jeans and rubs off easily. Could I throw the jeans in a bucket and soak them, leave them overnight, and hope that the excess dye will fill in the front knee fades? I gotta get ride of these goddamn patches of light fading.

Help me goddammit, HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
NO and please don't start dumbass threads

Exactly the type of faggotry I expected.

This is the only forum on the internet where people are actively participating. A simple hypothetical question shot down by USE THE SEARCH BUTTON bullshit that occurs in EVERY thread on this shitty forum. What exactly am I searching for, genius? "How to fill in fades on my jeans?" It was a difficult-to-articulate question, and merited a fresh positing.

I've really never has an online community been so obscenely anal rententive. A 10,000 page thread is the worst possible method of managing a forum. It's clear that you're more interested in shitting on people than having meaningful discussion, and it reflects pitifully how hard you cling on whatever status being on this forum confers up on you.

And yeah, the image was too damn big. Apologies!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that if you took the time to arrange the stacks (as in get them too look settled) you've had seen this problem before the hem so that you could have exchanged them.

But all good, you didn't. I think soaking or washing doesn't make a real difference, because it removes indigo in a way that all areas are affected, which leads to your jeans getting lighter overall.

This could have been posted in the general "I have a pair of jeans" topic. No need to start a new thread just for this. And next time, please resize your picture(s).

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fudgebutt
Exactly the type of faggotry I expected.

if you expected this type of faggotry, why did you start this fucking thread. For pete's sake, use the fucking sticky.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are fucked. Doubly so becuase you got them hemmed. This is why people buy raw denim. Your best bet is to wash them a bunch of time and have them fade all over so the knee fading is less visible and then you'll just have dad jeans.

Hopefully you'll learn for next time.

Crooow

Reaction score
Could I throw the jeans in a bucket and soak them, leave them overnight, and hope that the excess dye will fill in the front knee fades?

Yes. Yes, this is precisely what you should do.

Problem solved, you've cracked this case. Let's shut this one down and call it a day.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nobody help him.

he bought prewashed nudies, fuck him.

officeboy

Reaction score
Could I throw the jeans in a bucket and soak them, leave them overnight, and hope that the excess dye will fill in the front knee fades?
Plus bleach. (Maybe pumice stones for acid wash fun?)

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After many aborted attempts at raw denim mastery, I decided to get a semi-prewashed jean. I went to a local store and fell in love with Nudie Big Bengt Dark Crinkles, thrilled to find a jean that would fit comfortably over my bigass bodybuilder's quads and ass.

THE PROBLEM:

Unfortunately they only had 34x34's, which led to immense stacking. After having them hemmed. I think they're the best-fitting jean I've ever owned. So the FIT is perfect, but here comes the problem:

The knees of the jeans are pre-faded, with light patches over the knees. Of course, the jeans were purchased 2" too long, meaning the fade position is positioned too low on the leg. I've attached a pic of the problem - although my pair doesn't stack as much, the fade position is still too low.

It's amazing how something so trivial is driving me up the goddamn wall. I know that no one really gives a shit or will even notice, but knowing that my expensive otherwise-perfect jeans are flawed is too goddamn aggravating.

THE SOLUTION:
The indigo is very "loose" on these jeans and rubs off easily. Could I throw the jeans in a bucket and soak them, leave them overnight, and hope that the excess dye will fill in the front knee fades? I gotta get ride of these goddamn patches of light fading.

Help me goddammit, HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Umm, no, it doesn't work like that. There's nothing you can do except wear them. Pre-faded Nudies never look genuine even if the fades are in the proper area anyway.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you've been reg'd for how long and this is what you post?

a shameful nucka

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of pre-washed Nudie jeans. Whatever you do, they wont look perfectly genuine. For me its no an issue anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 7 10.9%