• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help: LA suit

clueless1

Reaction score
I'm gonna be flying into LA on Tuesday for a family wedding and will need to get a suit there. Fwiw I'm a size 36s, not the easiest, and have already planned a trip to hk and will have ww Chan custom tailor, so this is more of a situational crisis.

I was thinking cabazon outlets might be my best bet but would love to hear suggestions where I might go. It's obviously also limited time for tailoring so finding a good selection/fit is even more important. I was thinking maybe light solid grey or closest thereto.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Given your size, Suit Supply is a great option.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be flying into LA on Tuesday for a family wedding and will need to get a suit there. Fwiw I'm a size 36s, not the easiest, and have already planned a trip to hk and will have ww Chan custom tailor, so this is more of a situational crisis.

I was thinking cabazon outlets might be my best bet but would love to hear suggestions where I might go. It's obviously also limited time for tailoring so finding a good selection/fit is even more important. I was thinking maybe light solid grey or closest thereto.
I don't know where you are going to be staying, but I would also say that Suit Supply is a good option, and the LA location is fairly central, on North Robertson:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/store?StoreID=stores-LosAngeles

405 N. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
United States

That is also pretty much right beside the Beverly Center, where there is pretty decent Bloomingdales, as well as several menswear stores. So, lots of choices.

clueless1

Reaction score
I assume that means it is open already?

One of the last things I did before posting was check suitsupply website ... I didn't think they were open in LA and thank you both for the advice and correcting my misinformation!

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume that means it is open already?

One of the last things I did before posting was check suitsupply website ... I didn't think they were open in LA and thank you both for the advice and correcting my misinformation!
I haven't been there, so I don't know, but in any case, it's literally 5 minutes walk away from the Beverly Center, where there is supposed to be a store in store for Suitsupply:

ADDRESS
8500 Beverly Blvd
Suitsupply shop-in-shop @ Bloomingdale's, Beverly Center
Beverly Hills, CA 90048
United States
Tel. +1 (310) 360-2771

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
SuitSupply in LA (on Robertson) is definitely not open yet. Last time I went past a week ago it didn't even look close.

My bro-in-law is about your size and got a great suit in the boys dept of the Ralph Lauren store on Rodeo (near Santa Monica Blvd). There is also a large Brooks Brothers next door.

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cabazon outlets might be a good resource, but bear in mind that they are long way from central or westside Los Angeles. A trip out to the outlets and back will take up most of a day.

Another option of that sort might be the Block at Orange, which has a Saks Off-Fifth, a Neiman-Marcus Last Call and a Nordstrom Rack. Bear in mind that these operations usually do not offer in-house tailoring and alterations services.

Although it might cost more, a retail store with in-house tailoring that can provide a quick turn-around might be the best option.

You will be very pleased with Chan.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it might cost more, a retail store with in-house tailoring that can provide a quick turn-around might be the best option.
I would definitely go with this option, even if you are feeling that you are not getting the best deal. Since you have to do this quickly, expediency is key, especially in LA, which is not quick to get around in quickly.

Tell us how things went.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads